Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Biweekly Shoot Out (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out-78/)
-   -   My last entry - Old man heading for breakfest (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out-78/my-last-entry-old-man-heading-breakfest-161309/)

Chato Oct 23, 2009 9:01 PM

My last entry - Old man heading for breakfest
 
This guy is absolutely amazing. Ninety six years old, has all his marbles, and his daughters are in their seventies. He deserves to be in color in a black and white scene... :)

http://davidbarkinphotography.com/TESTDP/OLDMAN1.JPG

Dave

paniolo Oct 24, 2009 5:37 AM

Makes me want to sit and talk to him - must be a living history book.

vsch1 Oct 24, 2009 8:08 AM

Why color the garbage? The gentleman deserves to stand out.

calr Oct 24, 2009 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsch1 (Post 1012537)
Why color the garbage? The gentleman deserves to stand out.

I agree with Vanessa. The color selections make it look like the gentleman's next stop is the garbage pile. From your description, that is obviously not the case. I think I would remove the color from the garbage.

Cal

Chato Oct 24, 2009 4:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calr (Post 1012606)
I agree with Vanessa. The color selections make it look like the gentleman's next stop is the garbage pile. From your description, that is obviously not the case. I think I would remove the color from the garbage.

Cal

Woe is me...

You guys might very well be right. I colored the garbage to create an "atmosphere" of a cold street, that he negotiates without any problem at all (except when he stops to talk to me and my dog about playing the mega millions)

Apparently it doesn't work... :(

Dave

Chato Oct 24, 2009 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paniolo (Post 1012514)
Makes me want to sit and talk to him - must be a living history book.

You are correct. My block has people living in it whose families moved in in the 1880's. Four generations of people living in the same apartment for over a century. Al, is indeed a living history lesson. And when I say "he has all his marbles," I mean he has the same intellect as a man in his fifties.

Dave

Calicajun Oct 24, 2009 8:50 PM

I have to agree with the others "why color the garbage", it takes away the man. Would like to have seen a closer crop on the old gentleman as he does look very interesting.

Chato Oct 24, 2009 9:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calicajun (Post 1012695)
I have to agree with the others "why color the garbage", it takes away the man. Would like to have seen a closer crop on the old gentleman as he does look very interesting.

Rub it in, rub it in... :)

Dave

littlejohn Oct 24, 2009 10:21 PM

Yep...dump the garbage color:cry:


And have you tried different colors on the man? I like the color you chose, but I wonder if a brown or beige would help keep the 'older look' you are attempting to show...try it an let me know what you think.

calr Oct 25, 2009 9:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlejohn (Post 1012731)
Yep...dump the garbage color:cry:


And have you tried different colors on the man? I like the color you chose, but I wonder if a brown or beige would help keep the 'older look' you are attempting to show...try it an let me know what you think.

The object of this challenge is not to alter the colors, but to convert part of the image to BW while keeping selected object(s) in the original color(s). Altering any remaining colors is not acceptable.

Cal


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.