Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:27 AM   #21

Mahalo Calr and Selvin for your work!!
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:32 AM   #22
conor

1. Thanks folks for all your hard work
2. Billy / JimC, let me know if there's anything I can do to help going forward
(I am a software developer after all, perhaps there's something I can offer)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:12 AM   #23

To all who have participated by submitting photos over the years, thank you and an even greater appreciation for those who took the time to comment on the photos.

Bynx, Walter, Rainrunner, VTphotog, its been a great experience meeting in cyberspace even with the 4-6 hour time difference I managed to make it happen most of the time.

I did get a wonderful opportunity to personally meet with Cal and his wife on their cruise to Honolulu, Hawaii. We had a wonderful time showing them around the island and sharing some "Kodak" moments and places.

Aloha and Mahalo

Selvin
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:53 AM   #24

Wow, take some time away from the forum and then the forum is going to take some time away from all of us. To the moderators - a heart felt thank you!!!! I have not been around lately. My participation dwindled due to my need to try to make photography pay my bills. I moved over to social media to market my work and buy advertising. Between that and trying to maintain a store on Amazon, and do Pinterest, and a blog.. it left little time. It has been a fun place, especially when people were getting into posting new items. It will be missed!
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:24 PM   #25

First, I would like to thank Cal, Selvin and the rest of the Mods for this group. I have not been active here or on the other forums here much in the past year or so, for the same reasons. No comments with many views. While I was posting here, I did my best to comment on as many photos as I could and still nothing on my pictures (I don't think I suck that bad LOL) It just got discouraging. I wish everyone here the best in whatever your adventures bring you. I will keep checking back, and hope things pick up again.

MAR's Flickr
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:24 AM   #26

I joined this forum on Jun 8, 2011, right after I got my camera.
Posted quite a bit and commented and then the new camera smell wore off and got busy with my day to day business.
I frequent other forums but only post images here.
Not only has this forum slowed down, the other forum has degraded also.
I stop by just to see the photos but don't comment all that often. The photos here are of a higher quality than found elsewhere.
The mods here have and are doing a great job, a big thank you to all.

I think that having a "Like" button would increase participation. For me it was nice shot, good photo etc... many of those types of posts sound like a broken record.
A "like" button should be easy to implement, I work with php, javaScript and databases daily.

Another option that would be nice is the ability to upload full size images, 600 X 800 is a good size for preview, however looking at a full screen image is more dramatic.
I'm not telling anyone how to do things but I like this forum and see dwindling participation.
I would like to see this pick up like the old days.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:05 AM   #27

Here's a perfect example of non-participation. In the Digital Art forum I've just surpassed 2,000 views of my latest post, but only one comment submitted. Very sad.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
Here's a perfect example of non-participation. In the Digital Art forum I've just surpassed 2,000 views of my latest post, but only one comment submitted. Very sad.
Hi, Walter... I've just returned to SDC after a lengthy absence for the same reason. In regards to your example, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine and I made a game of it. We set out to see how many views we could rack up without comment. I won by a landslide (a dubious "honor", for sure). I can't tell you what the solution would be except to say that I've noticed a definite trend in "self" (It's-all-about-me) over the past several years. Not just here. But, in the world as a whole. Photography is an artform thus making the photographer an artist. Artists tend to be more sensitive than most. I think that's why we notice and are slighted (if that's the word) by a lack of comment when we post something that we feel *should* evoke a response of some kind.

Just my 2 cents.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jan 10, 2016 at 9:17 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:24 AM   #29

You have a good point, Gary. But, I'm sure that the reasons are different for each individual. Regardless, I think this poses a serious challenge for Steves-Digicams if they want to retain their membership in the long run, myself included.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:15 PM   #30

This is the first time I have visited the forum in a very long time and noticed this thread. I want to wish Cal, Selvin and Vanessa all the best! You all are top notch mods but more importantly great people!!
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote