Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 26, 2004, 7:37 PM   #11

Hot Hot Hot. I am going nowhere near this picture.
gmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 8:51 PM   #12

Toners, I believe the correct grammar for the cost of your lens should be "onety-one" hundred. Wow. That's about what my CAMERA cost!

My apologies to cowboy43 - I am about to post a flame picture. I really did debate this, but sincerely believe this would be what I would post whether or not you had posted one first, so I'm going to go ahead. I don't think mine is quite as raging as yours - yours is fierce. Glad that's not MY hand in the shot!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 10:32 PM   #13

monkey143... you go for it... no apologies needed...That is the reason for this forum... good luck... and thanks all for the comments... And don't!!!! try this at home this pic was taken in a controled enviorment. This is a Chopper Blade Real being cut with a cutting tourch and the center is filled with... No I won't say some one is bound to try this... Being cut by a Professional welder.. and I had my bunker gear on and two of my fellow Firefighters being me..We set this up for a drill... You see Fire needs Fuel to burn.. Mostly oxygen and when this baby caught it sucked all the oxygen out of the tube and then went looking for more... After I took this shot It sucked back.. and I could here it sucking for more O2 ( oxygen) And Whoom!! it went off about 6 feet past me( Remember I have my gear on) and it Blew me back about 5 feet. landed on my back Holding my camera up... My Fellow Firfighters were laughing...Saying all I cared about was saving my Camera and getting the pic.. Next time I think I will be at 4 feet way instead of 3 :lol:
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 7:58 AM   #14

Wow - like the movie Backdraft. I hope, when you were being thrown back, you had your auto shutter release on and photographed the whole thing!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote