Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Biweekly Shoot Out (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out-78/)
-   -   Wildcard - DOF: Rubberman (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out/29511-wildcard-dof-rubberman.html)

thkn777 Jul 15, 2004 2:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
... to all that answered on my DOF question in the newbie section I post a photo of Mr. Rubberman

Mr. Rubberman works as an eraser on and around my desk and it was a present from my daughter because I liked him so much (no laughs please)

So here it comes and I am especially proud of my new knowledge in the field of DOF (see followup reply)

I think it fits in this category: I never thought of taking him as a object for photography since he's my very loyal employee for some months now :)

discodudette Jul 15, 2004 2:34 PM

rubberman looks fun. Do you ever go to watch football with him or go bowling? If not, you should!

Great shot!

thkn777 Jul 15, 2004 2:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To make it easier to understand why I am so happy I produced a second shot to show what my average mycro shots looked in the past. As you can see it's not a bad photo but the DOF is very small and thus most of my shots where focussed at the wrong area. Since I couldn't retake them in most cases and had no chance of controlling the shots right after they were taken (analog SLR) that often was a problem...

thkn777 Jul 15, 2004 2:39 PM

Oh thank you :)

Well - he's my companion when I am in my working room and enjoys playing computer games with me, giving comments on my forum activity and such things. Due to his very limited walking speed outdoor activities are a bit limited. It is NOT a solution to carry him in a bag since he complains about seeing nothing :/

discodudette Jul 15, 2004 2:41 PM

Maybe you could cut a hole in the bag and stick his head out! ;)

monkey143 Jul 15, 2004 3:05 PM

He'd probably make a great avatar for you. :-)

ferny Jul 16, 2004 3:56 AM

Good work with the DOF and the lighting. :)

thkn777 Jul 16, 2004 4:03 AM

Thanks ferny - was really helpful to read a bit about that stuff :)

Good idea Monkey - what do you think? Doesn't he look just lovely standing there on my Oly lens cap looking directly into the lamp that produced that sharp shadows? It shows how the light was set up when I took the shot - one single lamp from the upper left side. Furthermode it adds a point to look at- just in case your eyes need a rest :)

/wave

monkey143 Jul 16, 2004 6:43 AM

I like your new avatar! And your use of lighting is fantastic. Makes him look like he's on stage, and we're viewing him from our "VIP" positions of stage right! :-)What is he singing? Something from the Beatles' Rubber Soul, perhaps, or the "RubberBand Man?" Or Cyrkle's "Red Rubber Ball" - or (is the Hollies?) "I'm a Rubber Ball, I'll bounce right back to you...."

ferny Jul 16, 2004 7:58 AM

Bobby Vee :)