Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:20 AM   #1

I really like the look of this tree but after I got home I noticed it was not a great pic so I tried to fix it.The origianl is 1st and the 2 types of crops.Lmk what you think.I am going to go back when it blooms too.

Charlie

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:27 AM   #2

You spotted this odd duckling, and that's the one true requirement in photography: being able to see. Yourtrouble isn't in your ability. It looks as if you've got a problematic setting. Is it possible to move around this tree, maybe getting an angle where the background doesn't compete with the subject...or is it in someone's yard and trespassing isn't on your list of things to do?

You've got a great subject there. For sure, you should go back to it!

P.S. I had to come back here to edit because I suddenly noticed the face in the tree, instantly being reminded of the trees in the Lord of the Ring trilogy. WHAT a FACE!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:03 AM   #3

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
P.S. I had to come back here to edit because I suddenly noticed the face in the tree, instantly being reminded of the trees in the Lord of the Ring trilogy. WHAT a FACE!

That is exactly why I liked this tree.Also with the think ends it reminds me of the tree from Harry Potter that tries to crushthem.:-)

Yes there is another way to take this but at the time there were people in that direction.I will go back and take a blooming pic and in the fall go back and take 1 in this state again.Thanks for the tips and nice words.
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote