||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Mar 13, 2004, 7:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2004
My S50 review
Just a quick review of my experience with my new toy.
I have had the S50 for about 3 weeks now and I must say I am rather pleased.
What I like:
1) neat camera, not the smallest but to me the smallest a camera should be.
2) Solid feel of build and gorgeous looks. It feels solid and secure and capable of handling some abuse
3) The picture quality is very good. I have experienced very little purple fringing.
4) Versatility. this is a versatile camera, its manual abilities make it a great tool to experiment with.
What I don't like:
1) The door switch can feel a bit flimsy and the rocker switch is a bit finicky, but I have gooten used to it
2) quite noisy above ISO100. I have been confined to using ISO50 and 100.
3) Red eye. this is a major problem for me.
4) Lack of flash control in full manual. In the other modes, the flash has more adjustability than in the manual mode. The manual mode only seems to have three flash settings while in priority for example there seems to be at least six
Thats all for now. I also dont like the lack of add ons like flashes and lenses but that can be gotten around.
Just my two cents.
All in all I really like this camera, and have taken some great looking shots with it.
The LCD display while small, seems quite color accurate and you have a pretty good idea of the qualityof picture that you just took.
Anyway, I am gone!!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|