|View Poll Results: Which one is better one?|
|Canon Powershot G3||0||0%|
|Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Dec 28, 2002, 4:50 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2002
Olympus C5050Z vs. Powershot G3
Hello. I'm about to buy my first digital camera and I found PowerShot G3 and Olympus C5050Z to be the closest to what I want and can afford. But, I cannot make a desicion, which one to buy, so I hoped that maybe you guys could help me with that.
So far I found this:
1. Olympus has better resolution 5M vs. 4M
2. C5050Z has "better" aperture F1.8-F10 vs. F2.0-F8.0
3. C5050Z has image adjustments modes for sharpness, contrast, saturation (+/- 5 steps) vs. "-, 0 or +"
4. Olympus can work without any drivers (PC connection)
5. Olympus uses xD, Smart Media, Compact Flash and Microdrive media vs. Compact Flash and Microdrive
6. C5050Z uses AA batteries which are cheaper
7. C5050Z has passive focus vs. active AF (found that in French Photo). I don't know which one is better in which conditions.
8. G3 must be switched on for recharging vs. C5050Z has an external charger (optional)
9. G3 has a better zoom 4x vs. 3x
10. G3 has lapse recording (remote capture sofware)
11. G3 has density filter (3 f-stops)
12. G3 has AF bracketing
13. G3 has iris type aperture. I don't know what is the type of aperture on C5050Z.
14. G3 has better overall accessories (maybe).
15. Continious shooting is importing for me, but I don't know which one is better.
16. G3 has a problem with sharpness vs. C5050Z has a problem with noise.
I would use the camera mostly for indoor, low-light shots. I don't care about the zoom nor movie modes.
Any advise is very appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
|Jan 2, 2003, 7:44 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2002
hey, dont i know you from the oly forum? the consensus so far still stands: the oly is the better one hands down.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|