Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:31 PM   #1

I'm strongly considering the purchase of Canon S2 but Canon's website is vague about compatibility. Is anyone using this camera with a Mac OS 10.4? Any probles?
docalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:57 AM   #2
TCB

Works fine under Tiger. No problems what so ever. Been using it with iphoto with no worries.
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:17 AM   #3

(Mac OS 10.3.9) I am trying to find a way to upload images to the Canon S2 using iPhoto, but iPhoto cannot see the camera. I am able to upload images using the software that came with the S2, Canon`s CameraWindow, but that means using two different software programs to manage photos.Also, I was hoping to use the camera and the SD disk (SanDisk UltraII SD 1 GB) to transfer data between computers, but the camera doesn`t seem to be able to mount itself on the desktop.Any suggestions?
ecovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:27 PM   #4

ecovision wrote:
Quote:
......but the camera doesn`t seem to be able to mount itself on the desktop.Any suggestions?
Use any USB card reader to mount the card on the desktop. I see them commonly for $10-20. That way, the computer will see the card as removable media, instead of as a camera.

Pat
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:50 AM   #5

One of the nice features of the Canon S2 is that you can upload images to the disk and then plug the camera (via RCA cables) into any TV and present a slide show. However, I noticed that the S2 will only except uploading of files that were shot on the S2 or similiar type camera. If you edit a picture in Photoshop (Mac) and then save it as a jepeg, when you try to upload it with Canon WindowCamera the S2 will not except it. Is there a specific jpeg flavor that must be used and if so, how do you convert other picture files to that format?What is optimal file size for a photo to be veiwed on a TV; I assumed 72 dpi, 640x480?Pat, thanks for earlier answer.Wes
ecovision is offline   Reply With Quote