Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:37 PM   #1
bonjen3's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 73

I am using a 40D, I find that with my 50mm lens, 75-300 lens I am getting less in the frame than with my other camera when taking pictures say, in someones living room . is there a lens that gives you a wider picture for close photos? hope this makes sense
bonjen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
NHL's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,599

You need a lens with a smaller numbers (i.e. wider lens)
-> Any of the 18-55mm for example...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:35 AM   #3
Super Moderator
peripatetic's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,599

I take it your other camera is a film camera.

Just google "crop factor explained".
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:48 AM   #4
Senior Member
Stevekin's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,611

A Fuji s5500 with a 37-370 Craig.

The 50mm will be the equivalent to an 80mm due to the 'crop factor' mentioned above, which is why you are not fitting everyone in bonjen3.

Even fewer with the 75-300 ( 120-480 equiv.)

Your Fuji has a wider angle at the short end.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:16 PM.