Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:26 AM   #1

Default Thoughts on an EOS Rebel T7 for a beginner?

I’ve been interested in photography for a while now but have never owned a “nice” camera before. I’ve been doing some browsing the past few months after being a second shooter for a friend at an event. I’ve been having trouble figuring out whether the T7 is a good fit.

I’ve been looking at the EOS M50 as well since I’ve probably seen the most people recommend this one as a great beginner camera. When I stopped by my local camera shop they told me there was a month long promo for the T7 and also recommended it as a great beginner camera.

I looked at a few sites that did side by side comparisons of both models, but I would still love feedback from individuals as well.

Any thoughts, good or bad, about either model would be greatly appreciated. https://omegle.onl/ vshare

Last edited by ehangeto4; Sep 22, 2020 at 3:14 AM.
ehangeto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:48 PM   #2

G'day mate

This is one of those "almost impossible" questions to find a well-versed answer for

a) what is your current camera / photo experience level?
b) what do you want to do with your 'new & nice' camera?
c) what is yout budget?
and so the list can go onwards

For myself, lots of cameras are widely available, they ALL have similar features (just like motor cars) but each has its own special features (the colour of the car!!)

The most important feature is ergonomics ... "how does this camera fit into your hands and does your eye work well into the eyepiece"? =if= the camera does not fit well > too heavy, too large, too small etc. etc. and the eyepiece does not work (maybe with your specs), then this camera is NOT for you, no matter how many friends / shops / magazines all tell you how beaut that camera is

ps- NO serious photographer uses the rear LCD screen for the majority of their photography ~ it might be used if the camera is on a tripod, but never for good quality day-to-day imagery

The next issue is lenses for whatever camera you decide upon ... does your budget extend to $2000 ~ $3000 for 2 or 3 hi-quality lenses? because buying the camera body is only the start of your purchasing regime

=if= a) your budget does not extend into the $-thousands, =and= if you have no intention of trying to make money from your photo sales, then an excellent compromise is an 'all-in-one' bridge / superzoom camera. For me, after 40+ years using SLR cameras and a bevy of lenses, these are the cameras I use today

I use Panasonic cameras, but Canon & Nikon & Sony and others all make these cameras ... they sell from $us500 to $us1000 and you do not have the additional expense of extra lenses. They have almost all the features of a good SLR, ~ they just have a smaller sensor limited to prints of 20" x 30" or smaller

It's all up to you

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote