Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:47 AM   #41

hi again,

two things; Got the lcd protector screens from Radio shack and am very glad I covered it up. I noticed scratches right away on the plastic but that was the plastic being scratched, not my screen. (thanks hampster man!)

2nd; continuous shooting. dont know why you do not see the option to set Continuous. Once you highlight the icon with the 3 rectangle squares, hit "set". this should do it. !! hope you found it ok.

happy shooting,

CC
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 3:44 PM   #42

I found the continuous shooting. It doesn't show up in fully automatic. Must be in another shooting mode as in sport.

I am using the clear plastic covers that are made for my Palm Pilot. Just cut one down to fit.
Dave Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 3:55 PM   #43

I got my Canon XTi from Dell with 20% coupon from Ebay at $639 + Tax, the total is $688. It is greatest price I have seen sofar without bait and switch as from other vendors.
qiujun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 7:01 AM   #44

I also took advantage of that same deal from Dell. Bought the 20% off coupon on eBay. Now I'm anxiously waiting for my XTi to be delivered.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:30 PM   #45

Starstreak,
I bought a Canon XTi from the same store as you with the same setup (17-85mm IS lens). i also am having the same issues as you. I am using the Canon 420EX flash and the images are just DARK. About 20% of my shots are under-exposed for some reason. See the attached. All my shots are at full auto or programmed mode. This is with the Canon 420EX flash in full auto mode.
Attached Images

Jon S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:32 PM   #46

This is an outside shot, it was a sunny late afternoon in programmed mode.
Attached Images

Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:33 PM   #47

and this is an indoor shot at full auto, i dunno why the flash did not fire.
Attached Images

Old Nov 2, 2006, 2:05 AM   #48
Super Moderator

Jon, there's no need to spam multiple threads with the same stuff.

You may have a faulty camera, but there are other issues to explore. Were you looking for some help or just venting?
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:32 PM   #49

there is nothing wrong with the new canonxti, in fact I see it 's a very useful camera. great design, low cost, do anything possible as the big brother 30d, except camera body material not as good as the 30d, but the cost will justify for that . very fast and accurate auto focus, easy to use, great big lcd screen, auto dust sensor cleanning is a great feature. one of the best thing is; this camera is made in japan folks, not taiwain or korea . match it with the good lens, you will do better than good . i shoot with the new nikon d200 and the canon 20d, but i do welcome the addition of the canxt1 in my bag any time, light weight and very attractive shape ...so far, pix look very good ...

learn to use it properly, there is nothing to complain about, it's a great camera and a real bargain ...if your budget is limitted, then this is the one for you ...:roll:
Attached Images

tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:38 PM   #50

Just got my first DSLR - The Canon Rebel Xti and Canon 50mm 1.8 II lens !!

Shots taken with my new Rebel Xti and Canon 50mm 1.8 II, take a look an please add your comments:

Gallery (Full Hi-res) hereand Here too, and also HERE !

Idan is offline   Reply With Quote