Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:47 PM   #1

Hi, been a long time coming but here it is.... my first picture that I'm happy to Post, nothing "Flash" but I just like it for some reason? Taken at the Arizona Memorial looking up :-)
Attached Images

Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:47 PM   #2

Enter it in the photo of the day contest. What model camera? It's a shame many Americans don't take such awe inspiring pictures! (myself included). I was stationed in Hawaii and never took anything like the photo you took. Good job!
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:25 AM   #3

Tonz, anything you post on Pearl Harbor will be greatly appreciated.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:19 AM   #4

Hey tonz

that is an awesome shot!!!!!!!!

This is one of the best shots i have seen on this forum.

really like the colour. composition is very cool and the exposure is spot on. This would look awesome in large print

Great subject and what a nice day

As mentioned, do you have any more of pearl habour. .....

and hopefully you can get posting on a regular basis.

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 2:16 PM   #5

Nice, thats on the memorial itself right? I live hawaii, but havn't been there since the renovated the place.

starstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:17 PM   #6

Hey, thanks heaps for those kind words. I used a Canon EOS350D. I loved my stay in Hawaii, especially the food – in New Zealand all we have to eat is healthy stuff and it taste like crap. :-)

Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:26 PM   #7

Hey thanks Ken (you're my Guru when it comes to photography) Yes I think I will get it made into a large print as I took it at 8 Meg so should come out well, as for some more pictures the rest so far look like tourist photo's. Isn't it strange the photo you just take as an after thought sometimes come out the best? Thanks again for your kind words. :-)

Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:34 PM   #8

Tonz wrote:
Quote:
Hey thanks Ken (you're my Guru when it comes to photography) Yes I think I will get it made into a large print as I took it at 8 Meg so should come out well, as for some more pictures the rest so far look like tourist photo's. Isn't it strange the photo you just take as an after thought sometimes come out the best? Thanks again for your kind words. :-)

hahah thanks Tonz

yea i no what you mean, ive fluked many shots, just thinking ahh what the hell and then getting home and thinking hey this actually doesnt look to bad.

i have done a few 10*12 prints from my pana (8mp too) and they came out real well, nice and sharp. So the 350 should have awesome quality in large print.

Ohh yea did you see you can get photos printed to canvas now for $40. Its actually a pretty cool effect. Dont no if it would suit this sorta photo bcse i think it might desaturate it, which i think is one of the best features about this shot. The real deep blue. But its an option. It would look like a piece of art in the house.

But even so i would still love to see some other shots from Hawaii, did you get any of the habour and were there any navy ships there???

Sounds like you had a good time.

Ken
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:41 PM   #9

Yes, it's the memorial Flag attached to the mast leg of the Arizona. It's well worth the visit again so much to see and do especially on the U.S.S Missouri Battle ship and USS Bowfin Submarine. :-)
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:59 PM   #10

Tonz wrote:
Quote:
Yes, it's the memorial Flag attached to the mast leg of the Arizona. It's well worth the visit again so much to see and do especially on the U.S.S Missouri Battle ship and USS Bowfin Submarine. :-)

Ok your making me jelous now.hahah You have to post shots of the batttle ship and sub:-)