Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:41 AM   #1

Two weeks ago I received the 30D from B&H online and I just started noticing when shooting in bright light you can see what looks like a peice of hairthrough the viewfinder. It doesn't show up in any of the photos. what should I do, take it somewhere and get it removed, try and get it out myself, or ignore it because its not effecting the photos? I just don't want it to scratch the mirror or sensor. Thanks for the help.
ATX202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:14 PM   #2

I would call up B& H and tell them. See if theye will exchange it. You prbably should have done this sooner as I thik they have a 14 day policy. I'm sure it could be cleaned though and at some pint you will have to clean it, but to me why should you have to work on something new that should have been perfect out of the box.

Ken
ken6217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:06 PM   #3

just take a rocket blower and try blowing it out. If its really distracting while taking pictures please send it back for they will help you out.

Coz at one point of another you will have to start cleaning the sensor and ur camera. U can aas well start it off rightaway

I had a spec in my view finder when i had it delievered. I took a rocket blower, blew it twice to check if it was a speck and now its gone. This shudnt be difficult.

Vj
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4

Okey, Thank you all for the replys! I took the cap off and used a flash light and found the peice of fuzz, it was behind the mirror, half of the fuzz peice was not even touching the screen so i just a little speck grabber down and it caught the fuzz without me having to touch the mirror or anything. So everythings okey, no more distracting hair, i just didn't want to risk scratching the mirror.

- Ariel
ATX202 is offline   Reply With Quote