Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:24 PM   #1

Hey there... Ive had my canon for a bout a year.. and i made a horrible mistake.. i didnt read the manual, then threw it away.. since i got my cam, {canon xt} ive gotten an adobe file of the manual. [and ive read it front to back, top to bottom, cover to cover}

the one thing that im stalled on{yes i realize is probably inthe manual, and im just not processing it correctly} is, Is it possible to shoot a picture and have it go directly to my camera, bypassing the cf card. There is a real possibility that I will be doing the school fotos for the military base i live at and would love to know how to use this feature, so i can check the shots automatically, instead of trading the CF card back and forth. I found one program, that costs $95 {and if thats it- awesome} but im just not sure. seems that something like that should work already, but i learned a long tmie ago, that what seems like it should, and what does, are usually 2 separate things... any help is appreciated!
luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:16 PM   #2

I believe in ZoomBrowser under Acquire & Camera Setting you have remote shooting !
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:53 PM   #3

At least two programs for remote capture areon the CD that came with the camera. You can shoot without a card in the camera or have it both ways. You can control the camera using the keyboard. If you loaded all the programs, I think all the ones that supportremote capture operation will automatically come up in a windowsXP pc when you connect the camera to a usb port.
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:39 AM   #4

lol, that figures... i HATE that software.... or rather - i HATE how that software interracts wtih my computer... {i need more RAM etc} i used it for a VERY short time, and then pulled it off , and have been just transferring pictres thru the cf reader. that figures..lol thanks so much guys!

{lol yes i realize that my first forray into the forums here, made me seems like a complete bubblehead }

Thanks so much to both of u for answering my question!

LMC
luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:49 AM   #5

You might want to also get the AC adapter, so you don't have to worry about batteries while you're tethered.
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:44 AM   #6

You could try my free solution: http://www.nutty.ca/blog/index.aspx?...ture%20Perfect

It works well with my DRebel, but I've never tested it with the XT. If the XT is anything like the DRebel for remote capabilities, then it should work fine.

Other than that, Breeze Software is the only other remote capturing program that I'm aware of, which is probably one of the best out there, but it costs
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:08 AM   #7
Administrator

Canon includes the Remote Capture utility in their software bundle, you can trip the camera via the USB cableand save to card or directly to computer hard drive.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:09 PM   #8

download new manual here

http://www.canon.co.nz/products/visu...d_support.aspx

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote