Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:13 AM   #1

why B&H site showing $40 difference between black N silver body?

If I dont bother for color does this $40 is worth considering?:?

mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Only you can answer that question. Would you be happy with either color. Would you be thinking about the color you didn't get? It's purely cosmetic...you do not get additional functionality with either colors.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:34 AM   #3

thnx Alpinmen,

As I was used to using my SLR'S ( REBEL-G) 1.5X TELE (black) on my S2IS (silver) now that color concept is not big issue.... but Y price diff. is it purely Bcoz the color don't sale more or something else?

If as U said its purely cosmetic issue than $40 =may be 1 UV filter........:-)

mani
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:30 AM   #4

the silver body looks more low-tech. so it depends on your business. if you are going to be a wedding photographer or you want to look good, get the black one because it is a symbol of professionalism and quality.

but if you do not want to be noticed or looked at get the silver one. me and my friend went to a museum recently. i had the black XTi and my friend had a silver XT. The guy at the door held onto my camera but let my friend through because he thouight it was some cheap p/s. very good idea for photojournalism and candid photography.

but then the choice is all up to what looks good. if you have a black mercedes, get the black one to match your car. if you have a silver BMW motorcycle, the silver one would look awesome slung over your shoulder on that thing.
photov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:38 AM   #5

why consider the silver, looks cheap to me like a digicam :-)
Idan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:40 AM   #6

hey, thnx PHOTOV for that nice example...but even I experienced same thing with silver color cam ....In Museum, conference, national parks.....they have Black color fobia so silver is somept blessing..:lol:

N ultimately car sud run smoothly on road a black or white.....

thnx again for every thing.........
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:01 AM   #7

I have a black d-rebebel (yes, the one that started it all).

When I am at car shows, people take a 2nd look at me and my d-rebel, thinking it's like a 20-d. I show that it isn't that, but a black d-rebel and they are surprised.

I personally like the black body...more professional looking...:?and more of a factor, imo!

BTW, the galleries at www.topspeedtuning.com/coppermine were all shot by me using my drebel!!

Good luck w/your choice of colour!! :?
tdredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 1:08 PM   #8
Super Moderator

I think most of are camera snobs and worry what we look like when we are shooting as much if not more than how good the results are going to be. I think if we were at the level of Chris Rainier (National Geographic) or Philip-Lorca DiCorcia then we really would not care as long as it have the feature we needed.

However I am not that good so if I were choosing I would get black.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote