Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:38 PM   #1

I've been contemplating buying a dslr for months now and I'm pretty sure I've decided on the Canon XTi. I've read reviews and the one thing that concerns me is that people seem to have problems with color issues. I've read several reviews that it is necessary to go in and edit the colors of the photos before printing. Does anyone on this forum have this problem? Are there any other problems that I should be aware of? I am really capping out my budget with this camera so I want to make sure I am making the best decision.

Also, any suggestions on where to buy either online or in store. Places to stay away from? I live in Virginia.

Thanks
cmorris1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:44 AM   #2

I just got mine 3 days ago... still experimenting, but so far I'm very pleased. I haven't owned an SLR type camera since 1990. I also more than exceeded my slim budget and got some accesories... (I stood in line for a Black Friday sale!)

In answer to your question - Stay away from online sources advertising the camera at outrageously low prices... They are usually bait and switch stores in Brooklyn. Use common sense. I got my camera body from Dell on one of their unadvertised coupon specials. I also asked Dell to price match an incorrect price that was posted by B&H recently... They wouldn't match it but agreed to throw in for free a 2gb memory card. (Search on Techbargains.com or similar sites to see what they are currently offering.) I bought lenses separately from B&H and Adorama.

Good luck. I know you will enjoy the camera.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:24 AM   #3

Thanks FaciaBrut for your response!

What about Butterfly Photo or 42nd St. Photo? Has anyone ever ordered from them? I see B&H mentioned quite a bit so I'm assumning they are a reputable company.
cmorris1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:32 PM   #4

Butterfly and 42nd St are both reputable stores. I've done business with 42nd St, in person, when I lived in New York. My co-worker just purchased a camera and accessories from Butterfly and it arrived days earlier than expected.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote