Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:14 PM   #1

So I took the plunge and bought an XT. I've had this film camera (Rebel II) for a long while. Although I haven't used it in a few years since I switched to a compact digital camera, is there any reason why I shouldn't dispose of the old film camera? In other words, are there any circumstances when the film camera would be a better choice than the digital XT?
bakaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:07 PM   #2

EBAY...lol.....

I can't think of any off the top of my head.... But then again I never had a good film camera.
rhett7660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 8:25 PM   #3

bakaroni wrote:
Quote:
So I took the plunge and bought an XT. I've had this film camera (Rebel II) for a long while. Although I haven't used it in a few years since I switched to a compact digital camera, is there any reason why I shouldn't dispose of the old film camera? In other words, are there any circumstances when the film camera would be a better choice than the digital XT?
the only reason i kept mine, was in case something happened to my xt. which it did. about 3 monthes after i bought it, i was climbing up a side of a rocky hill, and dropped the stupid thing, only fell about 16 inches, but it damaged the hotshoe so, it had to go back. i was without a camera for 2 monthes while it was in the shop getting fixed. was glad to have that film camera-- i was still able to use all the great lenses, and yes, had to pay developing fees, but! i stll was able to take pictures! helped a ton

~LMC
luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:29 PM   #4

Shoot black & white film with it. You can see how B&W handles the same subjects as your digital color, and maybe fall in love with B&W.

jZ
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:40 PM   #5

I also have a film Rebel...it's a Rebel XS. I use it to occupy space in my gadget drawer. :G
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:16 PM   #6

I don't know what kind of shots you take, but one thing to consider is loading it with Velvia, or another good film, and reserving it for those fine landscapes. I think I have reached the point where I can tell if a shot will turn out really nice. If I had a film body, I could shoot digital until I felt the exposure was right, use the same settings with the flim camera, and maybe get a great shot to enlarge - might turn out better than digital.
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote