Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:58 PM   #1

Hi,

I just bought a 30D. So far in comparison to my E-500, the olyseems sharper. I also have the 17-40L and a used 1.8 prime lens. Am I doing something wrong. I bumped up the sharpening in camera. Maybe I am a bit out of my league here, but I have shot some decent pictures with the oly. had an opportunity to buy this camera and thought I would be moving up...I know it is a great camera so somebody say something to help! I have posted quite a few pictures on this forum and have yet to take a pic with the canon that is worth posting. Thanks, Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:49 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Post some "bad" pics so we can see what the problem might be.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:44 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I hope to post some shots in the next day or two. I will be away tonight but will take my camera and manual with me. I did crank up the sharpness and contrast...I know pros like to do that in adobe...but my first camera was a fuji and I have come to love sharp contrasty shots. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 3:16 AM   #4

Mostly using the picture styles u can get good JPEG out of the camera. Tho i prefer the adobe way, or even the DPP way from RAW.

Set the sharpness to 4 or 5 and contrast to 4 or 5 and u can get a good sharp picture right out of the camera.

Once u start shooting raw u will enjoy how much u can do in adobe,DPP or any other foto editing softwares

Thanks
Vj
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote