Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:57 PM   #1

Hi, I would like some feedback on my fledging efforts with my 30D and new lens. I don't see many photos posted here...where can I share shots and find feedback with the canon people... Thanks, donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2006, 6:24 PM   #2

There are several places, butI like thecamaraderie of the folks over at Digital Grin http://dgrin.com/; theyare friendly and extremely helpful... their Whipping Post can bring some outstanding positive comments and help, too. And, of course, there is this site we are onwith a number of extremely friendly and helpful people and a number of appropriate forums within which to post.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:05 PM   #3

The reason you don't see pictures in this area is because there is a dedicated section of the forum for pictures.

Go down further on the list of sections and you'll see an area called "post your photos". Every one of those is for posting images. The quality in them is often very high.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:12 PM   #4

Thank you, I know about the "post your pictures" forum...I have posted a few there. I was looking for canon feedback. Donna
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:45 AM   #5
Super Moderator

If you have technical issues or worries, then by all means post them here.

But as for whether a photo is any good or not it usually has little to do with the equipment, and the "post your photos" forums are a better place for that.

Or photosig or flickr, etc.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:49 AM   #6

Donna,

I'll agree with peripatetic. you're going to get much better feedback from photogs that do the same type of photography you do - regardless of what camera system they use. If your framing is bad, your focus is off, your exposures not right, etc - it's not camera thing - it's an operator thing. A Nikon or Olympus user who is a good photographer is going to give you better feedback than a Canon user that is a poor photographer. In the long run I think you'll do yourself a disservice if you try to limit your critiquers to photogs that just own canon gear.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:53 AM   #7

Eric, visited your homepage...very nice. I see you have put your canon to good use. Donna
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:54 AM   #8

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I would like some feedback on my fledging efforts with my 30D and new lens. I don't see many photos posted here...where can I share shots and find feedback with the canon people... Thanks, donna
I was once shot out of a Canon, does that make me Canon people? :lol:

If I were just looking for technique critique, Iwould just post my photos in "The post your photos here" section or in other forums dedicated to critiquing photos. The only time I post in user specific forums is whento compare certain results that might be body or lens related and unique to a specific user group.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:00 AM   #9

Do you have a picture to prove that? I would love to see it, I will look for it on the "post your pics" forum... Just kidding!!! Donna
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:40 PM   #10

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Eric, visited your homepage...very nice. I see you have put your canon to good use. Donna
Glad you like my stuff. I work quite hard at it, and I really enjoy it... hopefully it shows.
Lately I've been branching out into teaching as well (mostly for Mass Audubon, but for small clubs as well) and found I enjoy that a lot too. I'm just finalizing a 3 1/2 day digital field school that I also did last year. Tiring, but enjoyable.

I really need to redo my web site. My needs have changed and the site really doesn't reflect well on me. Well, I like the home page, but it is in serious need of better organization. And that isn't even my "best" work. That I show in galleries. I need to get over the fear that people will steal my work from the site and just post it small so they can't reuse it for anything... not posting my best stuff does a disservice to me.

For those that don't know, my web site is:
http://www.esmithphoto.com

The best gallery of my stuff is probaby this one:
http://www.esmithphoto.com/galleries...2006/index.htm

But I agree with people above. If you have pictures you want to post because the directly relate to that camera and lens (I have that lens, and I've read that it can have issues with distortion near the edges... but that is less of an issue with smaller sensor cameras like the 30D. That would be an obvious type of issue to demonstrate with a picture that you'd post to this section.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote