Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:51 AM   #1

Hi all

FYI
Camera: EOS 350D
Lexar CF 1Gb

i have taken about 200 photos today and i cant seem to get some of them off.

today while taking photos the cameras cf light stayed illuminated and i couldnt access the card fronm that point onward. after waiting a few mins i turned the power to off and turned the cam back on. the camera sat for about 1 min with the cf light on then finally on the little display it said "FULL CF"

i pushed play to try to get into it but i cant acess the cf card

Now i have got home i can access 2 of the 3 folders generated from the photos i have taken today. But i cant get into the third which is where i am assuming the corrupted file is.

My question is, does anyone know of any software which can get into this folder and extract the files. Im not convinced tht every file within this folder is damaged, possibly just the last but its killing the entire folder.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:30 AM   #2

Lexar sell their Image Rescue software that is designed to recover files from cards.

Apparently Lexar will attempt to recover data from a card for you if you return it to them (is it still under guarantee?). This may take some time though.

There are, I believe, other recovery programs out there that may do the job (Photorecovery?) though I've never had to do this myself so cannot recommend anything. Perhaps downloading a trial version could get your pictures back for you so that you can confirm that the product works before paying out any money.
ariaudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 4:37 PM   #3

The Only problem with trial versions are they will extract you files....But the trial version won't let you access them until you pay...I know it's very crafty...But after all it is a trial and trial versions are never full programs just basic rubbish really.....Goodluck
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 9:02 PM   #4

You could give these guys a try. It's free.

PhotoRec - CGSecurity
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:43 AM   #5

dr_spock wrote:
Quote:
You could give these guys a try. It's free.

PhotoRec - CGSecurity
thanks all

i will give thisa try

thansk

ken
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:53 PM   #6

Or try these simple steps to fix the card yourself....

Do you have a card reader pluged into your PC or do you connect through your Camera...???

Try this:

Click on My Computer

Find CF card location and right click on it..*****oll down to Properties and click on it

Then go to Tools and check/tick both boxes (Error Checking) and (Fix and Scan)

Then run your check/Scan and see if this helps to resolve the problem...If it does'nt then write down the error codes and repost here and i'll take a closer look for you and let you know where to download the right program for those particular codes.......Let me me know ASAP....

Goodluck
Old Jan 12, 2007, 4:06 AM   #7

HI all

turns out the card is faulty so that sux. all the data in the 2nd half of the card was lost pretty much.

i recieved my replacement card today. i was wondering how reliable these lexar platinum 2 cards are.

After downloaing all the shots to the computer does every one just format the card, or delete all the images then format.

Im a bit paranoid now but i guess just searching through the net it seems like a rare thing.

i dunno

anywyas just wanted to say thanks

ken
Old Jan 12, 2007, 8:20 AM   #8

I've got the Lexar 2GB and they are great....I just fprmat the card with the images on there......