Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:15 PM   #11

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
The 5D is a nice toy and you will notice (well you will now) that Frank Doorhof uses his 5D for sports.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82

Still trying to work out the benefits of the 5D for you as I don't know enough of your work, what are you using your photos for and how large do they get printed?
Some good shots, very sharp and great colour. I take rugby league shots of my local team and usually have the best ones done at 10 x 8 and then give them to the relevant players, it's worth it to see their faces when they get a special one. Thanks for all the advice folks as we all need reassuring from time to time, I guess it looks like the wise thing to do is wait until after this years winter photoshow to see what/if anything new really does emerge, and if new gear is available at least itshould bring the prices down a bit.
Gypsyrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:25 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Gypsyrice, would love to see some of your rugby shots if you wouldn't mind posting as we don't get much rugby in the sports photos forum.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:36 AM   #13

Mark I have more headaches attaching them on here than taking the shots but here goes, usually I have the camera on custom setting No4 (3 ae/af, no ae lock) and A1 servo to cover anyone moving in at the last moment, it seems to work anyway, and obviously a wide ap is needed, as it's normally very gloomy around these parts at the peak of the rugby season. My pictures are usually pretty sharp but when I put them here they appear very noisy so I must be doing something wrong.
Attached Images

Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:41 AM   #14

I have been trying for about an hour now so have given up, as you can see Mark the pic I did manage to post is rubbish on here. I willcrack it eventually though, I tried Irfanview and when I reduce the size it still tells me the file is too big when I try to attach and send, and that's apart from the reduction in quality. It's obviously me as others have no trouble.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:06 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Hmmm looks like you were having great fun with posting this. I would suggest getting a Flickr account of similar then you can link in from there and it is simple!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:42 PM   #16

Attachment: Skirlaugh v Dockers Sept 06 012.jpg
Attached Images

Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:46 PM   #17

Attachment: Eastmoor v Dockers 029.jpg
Attached Images

Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:56 PM   #18

Attachment: Dockers v West Bowling. 012.jpg
Attached Images