Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 20, 2007, 2:07 PM   #1

i now have the xti after having the xt .like them both but when i go to print my pictures both cameras have a reddish tint on the pictures .it is easily fixed but am i using the wrong settings or is this a canon thing?
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:36 AM   #2

Can you post an example photo and the exif data for it? That would help us determine the problem.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:10 AM   #3

Does it look correct when viewing it on your PC? I ask as there are professionals that calibrate the color on their monitor with devices in order to get the best true to life image. It might also be a setting on your print preferences; does it happen with all photos, from other cameras, other pictures? I don't know that much about takin pics but trying to narrow the number of possible culprits is always good…

Good Luck, and let me know if you resolve it. I am having printing issues as well.
McBain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:16 PM   #4

it shows on my moniter. i have microsoft photosuite 2006 . i click on auto correct and it fixes it .pictures taken outside don't do this so i'm quessing maybe i need to learn how to adjust my white balance.
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 3:09 AM   #5

I was playing w/ my new XTi tonight. I have noticed the same thing. All of my indoor pictures w/o flash look reddish. I have made it somewhat better by switching the WB to the tungsten setting...

I have had my XTi for about 3 weeks now. The more I fiddle w/ it and change the settings, the more I improve my images.
MikeI is offline   Reply With Quote