Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 6, 2003, 12:04 PM   #1

Default Help, I want to upgrade but am torn between D60 D10.

Hi,

I own a HP850 at the moment and have learned my hobby with that one. At this moment I want to upgrade and do it correctly but I don't want to invest a whole lot of money.

I can buy the 10D on line for arround $ 1300,00 US, for me it will cost 19% VAT + 4% importtaxes + arround $ 50,00 shipping.

A friend of mine is willing to sell his D60 to me with :
2x Lition batteries, Grip and body for $ 1150,00 including 19% VAT.

According to him (he uses de 1D and 1Ds) the D60 is more than enough for me, and to be honest when I look at the reviews and the differences I guess he's right.

Still I'm puzzled because I hear alot of complaints about the focus issue on the D60 (both negative and positive).
I will be starting out with a sigma lens probarbly the 25-300mm.

Hope some of you can shed some light on this matter.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:34 PM   #2

How will you use the camera? To me, that will enable us to answer. For that price difference, though... I would bet the D60 will be just fine.

I find it interesting that you say you've heard "good" things about the focusing on the D60. I've heard "it works" types of comments like "it got this shot" type of thing... and I've heard "it stinks in low light.... it really stinks!!! I hate this thing!!!!" type of comments. But I have *never* heard anything postitive about it. If the 10D hadn't come out, I would probably be using a D100 and not the 10D.

I have heard positive things about the 10D focusing. It seems to focus in low light much better than the D60.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 1:56 AM   #3

Using metering flash my 10D focuses excellent - even in complet darkness :-) .... and with SIGMA lenses

Look these pictures
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 2:15 AM   #4

Probarbly I have to go with the 10D, because he don't want to sell anymore :-(.

Thanks for the comments anyway.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:04 AM   #5

Don't worry too much, you'll be very happy with the camera. It is at least as good as the D60 and better in many ways. Some people like the color saturation in the pictures that D60 makes, but from all I've read you can make the 10D produces files which look like they came out of the D60.

Ya, i'ts a little bit more, but it's a better camera with less wear and a full warenty.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote