Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1

I want to have the best 19" crt for image editing, I am not satisfied with LCD for image editing can you suggest the best you know (from samsung or philips)
Idan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:03 AM   #2

get the macbook pro

u can calibrate the monitor easilly and so far i have seen the prints coming out exactly the way i edit.

Better is to get the imac or the mac desktop that comes upto 24inch...awesome..

sorry but i am so in love with Mac. :blah:

I coudnt find the same calibration in any of the CRT's or even the LCDs.
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:53 PM   #3

O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:54 PM   #4

Hi...I've used the Dell branded 19" flatscreen Trinitron and liked it but found a 21" Nokia Mjultigraph 445Xpro (at Salvation Army for $10)and got it to matche the output of my Epson 1280 and whatever printers Costco uses...but I did find it necessary to create a custom color setting (6000K + some red)... and I suspect you'll need to do something like that with every CRT-printer combo...

Another issue is that when loadingimages to the net you can't control thevideosettings on the other end...the irony being that while YOU won't use anlcdnearly everhyone elsewill !!!
digikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:47 PM   #5

oh come on, I have already an LCD eizo monitor their top of the line monitor, so please, I want to know which crt is the best for image editing, I don't like the lcd output even though I have the best and calibarated, any advice
Idan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:56 PM   #6

I read a good review in Shutterbug Magazine ( I think) about the Samsung "Synchmaster" series which Circuit city and other lcoal stores carry. They spoke highly of them.

Good Luck!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:41 AM   #7

Idan,
Unfortunately, most quality CRTs are no longer made any more. The market has really shifted to LCDs in the last several years. I had to go to http://www.overstock.com and buy a referb CRT when I upgraded my monitor.

This is the one I got:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=1045549
but its not 19". I would look to see if a 19" version is made with the same tube, as it's a very good one.

You asked for "the best" and that is the Sony Artisan monitor. I don't think its made any more, though. They can't get the tubes for it.

The LaCie Blue monitors are very good, and they used to come in a 19" version. But they, too, have stopped selling them and switched to LCD. It is my understanding that the tube in the NCR monitor that I have (in that link) is the same as the one that LaCie used in its Blue series.

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles with your Eizo. They are generally considered a top-tier brand for LCDs.

Personally, I was able to borrow a twenty-something inch Dell wide screen monitor awhile back and I was very unhappy with it. I profiled it with a Monico XR Pro profiler and the results were *really* bad. I'm just hoping that my CRT holds out until LCDs get better! I expect it will.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:52 AM   #8

Idan,

check your local university surplus auctions. i know the university I work for is unloading CRTS by the truckload. I had a 19" Dell monitor six months ago and while it took up my entire desk, I do miss the reliability of it.

lynne
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:00 PM   #9

I have a Viewsonic 17" Flat CRT & I Love mine - the model I have they no longer offer except as a refurb, so I am looking at buying one of their top end 19" before they go away. I don't have the Model # handy - am not at home, but I think direct from them it sells for $239.00.
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:40 AM   #10

Yep, this is true. I work at a university, too, and we've moved them out by the truckload. In my opinion/experience Dell crts are the best on the pc side, and I've used Dells, Viewsonics and had a really sweet 23" IBM monitor. I finally "upgraded" to a flat panel setup about a year ago. Do miss those crts for photo work... But no kidding, you can't get better graphics than on a macintosh. At least the older ones with the motorola chips. Not sure how the intels compare.
Good luck in your search,
Mary.

urbanaries wrote:
Quote:
Idan,

check your local university surplus auctions. i know the university I work for is unloading CRTS by the truckload. I had a 19" Dell monitor six months ago and while it took up my entire desk, I do miss the reliability of it.

lynne
mduros is offline   Reply With Quote