Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:26 AM   #51

drifting down the river...

Attached Images

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:15 PM   #52

Nice work every one here's a water explosion one.

Neil.......

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:51 PM   #53

Nice water explosion Neil, I should call water tornado...

Here's the river patrol.
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:55 PM   #54

Here's the hot pursuit.
Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2007, 2:14 AM   #55

Nice shots Coldshot. Here's something different.

Neil......

Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:28 AM   #56

Neil, those shots are exceptional, I can't do that.

Attached Images

Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:56 AM   #57

Nice work Coldshot.

coldshot wrote:
Quote:
Neil, those shots are exceptional, I can't do that.
Why not. Let us know might be able to help.

Here's another

[align=left]
[/align]
Neil......

Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:44 AM   #58

Neil, you are into abstract art, I know you slow the shutter speed to paint with light. I took an art class when I was in college just to take a nap in between other tough classes, finally I barely got enough grade to pass. :-)

Ok show me how you did it, thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 2:10 PM   #59

coldshot wrote:
Quote:
Neil, you are into abstract art, I know you slow the shutter speed to paint with light. I took an art class when I was in college just to take a nap in between other tough classes, finally I barely got enough grade to pass. :-)

Ok show me how you did it, thanks.

Write here we go:

Set the camera on a tripod and set the camera to Manual Mode, ISO 100, F22 and a shutter speed of 4 Seconds.

You will need a very dark room and a object to shoot cable realese and a torch were the bulb can be exposed MAGLITES work well.

1.Set the bottle or object focus on it and lock the focus. Then don't touch the camera. The first shot is the torch shining on top of the object for 4 Secs.

2. Then move the torch to the side and take a second shot for 4 Secs.

3. Then move the torch to the other side and take a third shot for 4 Secs.

4. For the forth shot move the torch around the back so it shines through and take the shot for 4 Secs.

5. This is where it gets tricky. Unscrew the lens cap of the torch to expose the buld and start moving the torch around the bottle while taking the shot. This is again for 4 Secs.

6. Download all the shot's to your PC and open all 5 in photoshop. Drag all the images into the first shot. Buy selecting image 2 and the select the move tool from the toolbox. While holding down the Shift key, drag image 2 into image 1 and the release the mouse. Holding the Shift key ensures it goes bang in the middle. Now close the second image down you don't need it anymore.

7. Do the same with the other images. The open the Layers palette (Window > Layers) and you'll see five layers in the stack. Because all the pics were shot with a locked-off camera, everything will line up perfectly.

8. Make sure the top layer is active by clicking on it, and then click where it says normal and select the Lighten Blending mode from the drop down list. This will allow all the kighting effects you've created to show through. Do this with all four Layers above the Background, and you'll see your painting with light really come to life.

9. To colour the light streaks. Click the layer with the light streaks and the click the Adjustment Layer icon. Choose Hue/Saturation from the list, and when the palette comes up, just click OK. Now hit Ctrl+Alt+G to clip the Adjustment only to the layer immediately beneath, and the double-click the Adjustment thumbnail and move the Hue to change the light streaks colour.

10. Last bit, once you're happy with the overall results, go to Layer > Flatten image to crunch all your Layers into one. I did a little bit of cloning and burning to tidy the image up.

Hope that helps.

Neil.......

Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:50 PM   #60

Wow, you have alot of patience Neil, I can't do such a tedius job like that, you give me any camera tell me to go out there taking pictures, I'll bring back good pictures but do those shots, I give up.

Attached Images