Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 11, 2007, 5:41 AM   #1

Ok Im going away soon, Ive never cleaned this 350d before and not going to until I have to, as im going to be outside 90% of the time and swapping lens's I can see the time approaching, I see some info scattered all over the net with fluid this and blower that....

any recommendations on what cleaning apperatus to take?? :?

thanks in advance, Rich
RichUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:37 AM   #2

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/cleaning.html
stellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:50 PM   #3

All I use is the Gitzo Rocket and a Lens Cleaning kit, I havent had the need to clean the sensor and I hope I dont have to. Hope that helps

Neil.......

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 4:47 AM   #4

Neil Im with you a blower and lens cleaning is gonna be enough for me thats sensor stuff looks to hard, looking at the vice on that link you could use a tripod to hold the camera....

RichUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:10 PM   #5

I use my tripod and turn the camera up when doing a wet swab cleaning.....works great.

The blower and brush are usually adequate but some time or other you may find some of the internal lubricant ending up on the ir filter glass and only a swab and cleaner will do.

It looks scarier than it is but do take you time and always use a fresh battery.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 5:33 PM   #6

stellgar wrote:
Quote:
I use my tripod and turn the camera up.....works great.

The blower and brush are usually adequate but some time or other you may find some of the internal lubricant ending up on the ir filter glass and only a swab and cleaner will do.

It looks scarier than it is but do take you time and always use a fresh battery.
I would suggest you face the camera down when using a rocket type blower to clean the sensor. Otherwise the dust just settles back downin a different spot. I have been using a blower only to clean my digital rebel and 20D for about 3 years on the rebel and 2 on the 20D. If you do it on a regular basis that is about all you will ever need to do.Only takes a minute or so to do. If you get some condensation inside your camera, then you might be looking at using some of the sensor swabs. Just make sure your battery is fully charged and follow the instructions in the manual and you should have no problems.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:24 PM   #7

My mistake I meant to suggest using the trypod when doing the wet swab routine.

I agree totally about not turning the camera body up when using the blower. I have even wrapped a piece of pec pad around the intake of my giotto blower so as not to add more dust.

I also agree that you should always use the least invasive means first.