Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:01 AM   #1

Does anyone know what plug in i need to download in order to be able to download my raw files from canon eos 30D to PHotoshop 7.0?

And maybe you might even have the LINK???

Thank YOu
Meg
meglmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Administrator

Adobe does not have a plugin that works with raw files from your camera with your version of Photoshop.

The EOS-30D needs Adobe Camera Raw version 3.4 or later (current Camera Raw Plugin version is 3.7), and Photoshop CS2 or newer is required to use the plugin. You can also use the newer Camera Raw Plugin With Photoshop Elements 3.0 or newer.

I'd look at third party alternatives for raw conversion if you don't want to update to a newer version of Photoshop. Note that Eric Hyman's Bibble will work as a standalone or as a plugin with your version of Photoshop if you want to give it a try (you can download a trial version).

There are many free raw converters around, too. One you may want to look at is UFRaw

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:10 AM   #3

funnily enough i had a similar problem yesterday. here is the link to adobe support, but as JimC mentions, it looks like you are out of luck - you know you want to upgrade your software!

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/
dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 6:02 PM   #4

When I was using Photo Shop 6, I opened my raw file in Camera Rawand saved it to photo shop in one of the menus. It opened photo shot right away.
rtpalindat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:20 AM   #5
Administrator

I think you're mistaken. Chances are, you were opening another file type, or using another program to do it before loading the output file into PS.

No version of Adobe Camera Raw will work with Photoshop Version 6.

The first Adobe Camera Raw version (1.0) was an optional ($99) plugin for Photoshop 7, which will only support the cameras that were popular and able to shoot raw at that time. The later camera raw plugin versions were included in Photoshop CS and CS2, with updates downloadable at no charge.

Newer cameras will require newer Adobe Camera Raw versions, and the latest 3.x versions of Adobe Camera Raw versions require Photoshop CS2 (or newer versions of Elements). The older 2.x versions of Camera Raw required Photoshop CS. The original 1.0 version required Photoshop 7. No Adobe Camera Raw plugin works with Photoshop Version 6.

Adobe has a habit of making users upgrade to newer versions of Photoshop before their latest Camera Raw plugins will work.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:01 PM   #6

Sorry I meant Digital Photo Professional 2.1 that came with my Canon Digital Rebel XT camera

Rick
rtpalindat is offline   Reply With Quote