Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:14 AM   #1

Can anyone tell me if any of the Canon DSLR cameras offer multiple exposure. I'm particularly interested in the xti, but am curious about all of them.

Thanks!
pds517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:24 PM   #2

if u mean something like exposure compensation where u can take three pictures of extreme exposure...even then u will need to shoot the picture three times.. there is a exposure Compensation available in XTi i guess. I have seen them in 20D, 30D, 5D for sure.

There is no automatic way of creating different exposure images automatically by the camera itself. Manual pressing of shutter is def needed unless you have a timed remote release.

I have a feeling ur talking something that i heard from a friend who uses a D200 about multiple exposure..but no idea on that at this moment

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:34 PM   #3

yes the D200 has multiple exposure mode built inside the camera which will also blend the pictures..

Great camera D200
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:19 PM   #4
NHL

Multiple exposures are best done in Photoshop and why so many cameras don't offer them...
-> Much more control over the pictures than what can be done inside the camera alone
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:37 AM   #5

It is called bracketing, and all Canon DSLRs, as far as I know have that options. Useful in shooting HDR. Find in options AEB, and change it. You will see two lines moving away each from other.

If you choose timer for shooting with tripod - must be done for proper HDR, it will shoot 3 shots automaticaly, otherwise you will have to shoot 3 shots.

Canon DSLRs also offer colour and hue bracketing, as far as I recall.
nidza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:59 AM   #6

Sorry, I guess my post was confusing... I'm not talking about bracketing. I'm talking about taking 2-3 photos on one frame. I guess it's just the Nikon that does it. Thanks!
pds517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:28 AM   #7

I'm surprised any camera bothers with it. The same affect is easily achieved in post processing via any software with layers.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:12 PM   #8

pds517 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, I guess my post was confusing... I'm not talking about bracketing. I'm talking about taking 2-3 photos on one frame. I guess it's just the Nikon that does it. Thanks!
No you're not confusing me.Nikon Fuji cameras have that feature. That multiple exposure iswidely used by wedding photographers. In the old days some film cameras have that features too. Photographers need it to create a special effect in camera depend on the area, ethnic group, in my area most couples want clean shots, the next closer area to me theylove tohavethat multiple exposure in one picture. During the ceremony, the photographer take those shot andsend a helperto a 1hr photo lab, print those shots and come back to sell the pics to the guests attending the wedding there, that's how they make extra money. If you want that feature in camera you have to go with Nikon or Fuji Pro series, then you have to practice alot to master the art of multiple exposures, wedding photographers are very goodto use that feature, it's extra money for them. My Fuji S9000 can do that, you need to experiment a lot to get the best out of it, not an easy feature to achieve a desised shot.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote