Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 16, 2007, 7:52 PM   #1

Hey Guys! Im needing to clean the sensor on my 30D. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

jc :G

ps

a web link with photos illustrating the process would be awesome!
jjc30d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2007, 8:33 PM   #2

Here's a starting point:

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/

Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 11:36 PM   #3

another starting point

http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=tutorials
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 8:52 PM   #4

I just cleaned mine for the first time using the Sensor Klear system and it's clean as a whistle. It's a dry cleaning system that won't leave streaks like some of the wet systems. Best part of all it was extremely easy to do.

Canon recommends dry cleaning for their sensors too.
Jon_Doh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 11:01 PM   #5

I purchased a rocket blower, I use it all the time to clean my 30D. I had the camera nearly a year now, im always changing lenses. i have not had to do anything other that use the blower yet
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 10:40 AM   #6

Aladyforty..Do you happen to have a link for that product,I'm not getting anything from google.

Also,I took a look at your bird shots ....relly nice work,

TNX,

Mike
mike397x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 12:18 PM   #7

The rocket blower is made by Giottos. That is all I have ever used on my 300d and 20D for the last 4 years, I clean it often and I am careful changing lenses.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you want to find out where the dust is, use a wide angle lens and stop it down to f/11 or so and take a picture of a white sheet of paper or cardstock. Make sure you fill the frame with it. Dump that image into photoshop or what ever editting program you use and hit auto levels, any dust will show up immediately.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Then make sure you have a fully charged battery, go to teh menu and scroll down to sensor cleaning, this keep the shutter open

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Hold the camera with the sensor facing down, this insures the dust just doesn't settle back down in a different spot, and use the rocket blower to blow off the dust with several bursts.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"then just shut the camera off, this will bring the shutter back down and your done.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This only takes a couple of minutes, after your done you can check for dust again as described aboveto see if you got it all, sometimes you may have to do it a couple of times but that is usually it.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 1:49 PM   #8

Caboose-Thanks fro the links & info...I have a stubborn mark on one of my Canon's that doesn't want to leave...hope this product works?

Mike
mike397x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 6:33 AM   #9

mike397x wrote:
Quote:
Aladyforty..Do you happen to have a link for that product,I'm not getting anything from google.

Also,I took a look at your bird shots ....relly nice work,

TNX,

Mike
sorry, its just a big blower though
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote