Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 28, 2007, 1:00 AM   #21

coldshot wrote:
Quote:
Soft and contrast pictures can be adjusted in sofware, now you show that you spend endless nights to produce those so called constratry shots.:-)Btw how much all that gear to produce a few shots like that?:-)What cheap lenses on my pictures you can differentiate, which one is which?:-)I bet you used the 30D bust mode to shoot like a video cam to get those shots, mine are one shot one kill.:-)Those birds, you think are good shots? My shots were done with plenty of mixed ligthing, backlight, sideligth, up/down light you name it.:-)Btw, I don't have to do those pictures to back my camera, I showed to you that how easy I can shoot endlessof pictures like those and adjust in my Mickey Mouse free Canon scanner in just a few click no need any fancy sofware, try that with your lenses and the 30D sensor I hope you can produce ten times better pictures than mine to macth the amount of money you spent if not a few times better is a great improvement.:-):-):-)
i thought i explained that the L lens shots had very little pp so no I don't spend all night trying to get contrasty shots, although when i had my original DSLR with the crap kit lenses they supplied, I did have to spend more time in PS, thats the point, the better lenses take a lot of the work out of it.

Yes i use the burst mode, thats the whole point of owning the 30D LOL SO why is that a problem?. as for money, yes Ive spent a bit more than i have in the past on cheap lenses. Why is that a problem as well? i guess if i was just taking snapshots i would not bother. my 70 year old mother does it that way. if that was the case i would not even bother with a DSLR at all. Id just get a point and shoot digital.butI enter a lot of competitions with successand I also sell some of my wildlife shots so I am happy to spend the extra on an L lens. I might say that I have the cheapest L lens you can buy not the more expensive. I also have spent a little more on a good macro, areasonable low light lens and a TC for the L. I also invested in a add on flash rather than use the built in one. I suppose you are going to say that is wrong as well?

As i said before, if you are happy to use cheap lenses for your needs, thats fine but don't put down people who aspire to have better things to produce better images.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 2:11 AM   #22
Super Moderator

coldshot has the good sense to recognize that spending thousands of dollars on equipment wouldn't make his pictures any better.

I don't think there's any doubt about that at all.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 2:15 AM   #23

peripatetic wrote:
Quote:
coldshot has the good sense to recognize that spending thousands of dollars on equipment wouldn't make his pictures any better.

:-)not sure how to take that post
Old May 28, 2007, 4:22 AM   #24

Beautiful shots aladyforty.

Number two and three are particularly impressive.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 4:23 AM   #25

peripatetic wrote:
Quote:

haha classic.

You know it seems to me that coldshot is only looking at the numbers. He sees 10.5mp he sees cheap lenses and he sees himself thinking hell I can do all that with my new shiny plastic holiday snapper, so why would I need to spend money on that other expensive gear.

I can tell you straight away had I the money I would be playing with a nice new Nikon D2Xs and a big fat AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED and I would love the handling of it and the weight. My hands shake too much if I have some light piece of crap in them so the more weight the better. Prefference of mine, yes of course it is.

In fact I am about to buy a Sigma APO 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX DG HSM lens so I can do some wildlife photography. I know for sure that compared to my crappy kit lens the clarrity is going to kick arse. Not to mention the zoom.

Now I am spending all this money on all this gear because I know for utter certainty that my camera body is up for the job, and I know I am up for the job at hand as well, in other words I know I can take a good shot. But I also know that I have very good eye sight and that my current lenses(all cheap) just don't raise any bar when it comes to IQ. The new lens will. And you know what it is a cheap lens compared to the Nikkor lens. And compared to some lenses that don't even have the focal length, but you don't thet IQ with cheap crap.

I might also add at this point in time that coldshot, you really need to go back over your posts and edit them. Took me several attempts at decifering your grammar and spelling.

As for the stupid comment about having to prove to you with a thousand pictures that the 30D is better, you obviously need glasses. One shot was enough to prove it. If not then go get your eyes checked. While you are at it get an IQ test done. You obviously need to smarten up somewhat.
Pros don't use crap gear unless and I dare say this is most likely the only reason. That a certain camera be is the XTi or the 30d or even a disposable camera, gives them a look in their shots that they are famous for and can make money out of.
An example of which is a New York fashion photographer that shoots with a point and shoot disposable and gets paid big money for it, because of the style and shot he gets. However he wouldn't get the same money had he wanted to do wildlife, he would need better gear and more expensive gear.

Anyway enough from me. I am cluttering up the conversation with logic and you probably lost track around the first sentence.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 6:10 AM   #26

Hagar wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots aladyforty.

Number two and three are particularly impressive.
thanks, that 70-200 F4 is a great lens, i love it
Old May 28, 2007, 6:39 AM   #27

Coldshot

I happen to know aladyforty personally andhave been out on photo shoots with her, I have seen her lug her camera around for hours and hours in some very difficult terrain.

She has taken and posted thousands of photos and I can assure you most of them are very high quality, she also hassold photos and won many competitions, enough so that all her gear is paid for from these proceeds.

I have stood beside her with my camera and tried toget the same results and I am nowhere near her league. my camera is a canon 300D with a 100-300 usm lens,

I will say from the pictures I have seen of hers and compared them with yours, that it would probably be a good idea to at least consider what she has to say and you willlearn a great deal from her, as I have.

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks they know everything bad mouthing someone who really does know what they are talking about.

Look, learn and listen to those with more experience, there are quite a few on here, you will be better off in the long run.

There is an old saying ( Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt)

And read the posts carefully, most people have said that it is a personal prefernce as to which camera to buy, no one else has bad mouthed other cameras, just high lighting the differences.
matt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 7:58 AM   #28

matt40, I can say the same that I've seen her lugging around her bricks once in a few months to get those shots. I've seen her sold a few shots the rest they rejected because they are repeating same style over and over. Who learns from who? Too bad she can't sort out which shots of mine are from which lens I used, which software I used when I said it's a Mickey Mouse free software, you think it's the one?:-), cheap lenses, how cheap?:-)What filters I used, certainly she can't tell.:-)I don't bad mouth anything, everything is there for you and her to learn and learn hard, learn to take pictures in tricky litghting at different angles on a multiple subjects at the least amount of time something like within seconds.:-)She posted a few best shots to tell all, I hadendless shotsthere for you and her to learn the lighting of each passing hour at all angles, learn how to use filters, learn what shot sell what don't, learn how to sell air conditioner to an eskimo, it takes time to learn all those, learn how to use photo tools and techniques others don't know how to.Just go to birding website, anything she can do others can too and even better.:-):-):-)
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 8:35 AM   #29

Coldshot

I have looked at your pictures, I really don't know what I can learn from you

If you teach like you phrase your grammar, I am afraid I won't learn anything.

I didn't say alady was the best and she would agree with that, she doesn't just take wild life shots, she also doesportraits, landscapes, seascapes, night shots, still life, macro and others, and does them very well, she chooses the lenses to use to get the best results., the correct F stop, shutter speeds and ISO. All of these things are used by all good photographers to get the photos they want.

Can I have a link to your photos, maybe I have missed something, also can you please tell me what state, national or international prizes or awards you have? maybe I am mistaken and you are one of the best photographers around, maybe you have a proffesional web site? if so can I look at it and find the prices you charge for your work. Maybe like alady you go out and do paid shoots, surely you have testimonials from clients praising your work? I would love to read them.

Also what pictures have you got here on Steve's that have won awards? may I have the links to them so I can be proved wrong, maybe your not a big mouth know it all. I would love to be proven wrong

Oh by the way I have known alady for about 30 years, so please don't try and tell me what i know and don't know about her and her work.

By the way, the mickey mouse software you used was AcdSee, which was easy to see. and a bit better use of levels will help out, if you need any advice on using it don't hesitate to ask.

thankyou

matt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 8:40 AM   #30

It would be great if you had even the smallest amount of intelligence coldshot. I really do suggest strongly that you go back to school. And if you are in school, then I suggest you turn up for class. Otherwise perhaps english lessons are in order along with grammar and spelling lessons.

You only state the bleeding obvious in your full on ballistic thread, and that is that you know how to talk utter shite. You are like one of those incessant kids at school that continiously repeat the same crap over and over again till people just get bored of you and turn their noses up at you at every chance. And rightly so, for you lack any communication skills and you also lack logic and reasoning in your arguments.

Oh and I will point this out also(and yes I am fully aware of my status) but you are somewhat lacking in about 5500 posts of well informed articulate messages compared to Aladyforty. I dare say you are probably lacking the same in IQ.

I would say this on behalf of everyone but I will let them say it as well if they wish, don't open your mouth and use it like a pitbull in the ring, because you will end up ravaging and chewing off more then you can handle and in the end you will only look like a fool.

By the way, you are no genious. In fact of the shots I could find of yours most are fairly stock if anything and even then some are lacking in anything exciting to look at more then once. So you hardly raise the bar with excellence in comparison to even some of the newbies on this forum.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote