Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:45 PM   #1

Looks like i have got dust on the sensor in my 30D. What is the easy and cheap solution. See attached taken with 24-105L shutter speed 1/100 aperture 22 iso 200

thanks in advance
Attached Images

happy7011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:54 PM   #2

A bulb type blower.

dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:56 PM   #3

Giottos rocket air blower is best.Or have it professionally cleaned.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:17 AM   #4

Forget about the blowers, go here and order the non full frame kit thats what i ordered and it cleaned it really good, http://www.green-clean.at/index.php?id=19&L=1, also this one is very good as well i'm trying it next, http://www.copperhillimages.com/shop...tion.php?id=45 just clean it yourself they won't scratch your sensor either
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:11 PM   #5

No need to "forget" about the blowers. They work very well for dust which isn't sticking. The process is not invasive and takes maybe 10 seconds. I have been able to get rid of all dust I ever had on my sensor with a good blower. If you cannot get rid of the dust with a blower, yes, then you will have to get a real sensor cleaner or take it to a service facililty.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 6:11 PM   #6

Thanks Guys, I used visible dust's V-plus Solution with green swabs and a hurricane blower it did clean the sensor (Absolute no dust on the sensor) But i do have some dust specs i can see in my view finder, Looks like dust on the mirror. Tried with hurricane blower but no luck. Any ideas how to clean the mirror. Thanks in Advance
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:02 PM   #7

Probably not the mirror, but the focusing screen. Turn your camera upside down with the top (flash) angled toward to the floor, and blow off the focusing screen above the mirror with a rocket brush, then blow off the mirror once again with the lens mount held toward the floor. At the risk of starting a war, after 50 years in photography and digital SLR's since their inception, all this religiou$ mumbo jumbo about requiring $pecial kit$ is, for the most part, bovine scatology. However ... if that is what works for you ...
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 12:13 PM   #8

I wonder if a retail's shop warranty will include sensor cleaning
fiveFPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:55 PM   #9

Don't make the mistake I did of trying to clean the mirror with any thing that could scratch because the coating on the mirror is extremely soft.
stellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:51 PM   #10

I did one mistake. I used artic butterfly to clean the sensor during cleaning i pushed the brush on the side of the sensor (where the shutter cutain goes up and down). From there i dragged some kind of lubricant on the sensor. It was a big mess. BUt the Visible Dust V solution with their swabs did clean the sensor. I had to use three different swabs. Now i have traded this 30D for 40D. Love my new Camera.