Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 12, 2003, 11:23 AM   #1

Default Has anyone purchased the "Canon 10D Short Course"

I just received my 10D this week and I'm a little taken with all the features. Has anyone used Dennis Curtin's new Canon EOS 10D Book that is mentioned in the 10D review? I plan on playing around with my 10D but I just wanted to read something (in addition to the manual) that would give a good foundation on the camera.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2003, 3:30 PM   #2

I believe one person here recommended it to me.

Their description was that it leaned more towards taking the info in the manual and describing it in a different way. It isn't whole new info. I'm not saying this is bad, just what the type of content it has.

They said it was worth it. I haven't purchased it yet. In general, I'm not having problems with the manual it came with (other than not carrying it when I want to look something up in the field!)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 4:09 PM   #3

My personal opinion, to operate and use all of the features on the camera, the only thing you need is the manual instructions book provided by Canon. To learn more about photography, tips and tricks, those are difference issues. Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 4:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback.

Dan
Dan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 10:32 PM   #5

Technically, speaking, I would agree with [email protected]. All you should need is the manual which comes with the product. But not everyone's brain works like the people who wrote the manual.

If you are having trouble with the manual you got, consider the short course book. If not, don't get it. From what I was told, it doesn't include anything new or special (unlike Thom Hogan's books, which are another matter.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2003, 6:52 AM   #6

If I buy a new camera, it makes more sense after some weeks to WRITE a book about it then to READ a book about it.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote