Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:48 PM   #1
djb

I just got a 30D and tried it out today. For some reason it looks like it front focuses but, I really don't think that is what it's doing. All misfocus were on moving (swimming and running) and I had a hard time keeping up so it may be operator error. Anywat, I want to check my focus points and see wwhere the focus was. I'm also not sure if I had all focus points enabled at the time. I did find it to be st that way and changed it to center point only. So, the only viewer that seems to be able to show the focus points is EOS Viewer Utility. I git that when I bought my 20D. Now the problem is that it does not recognize the raw (.CR2) files from the 30D but, works fine with the 20D raw files. On the 30d all the images are a big ? mark and it says it doesn't support that format. Why not??!!! It's the same as the 20D. Anybody have this problem with the 30D and eos viewer utility?? If so, how did you rectify the problem?? Thanx in advance.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:58 PM   #2
djb

Well, I feel like a real idiot!!! I solved half the problem. I use continuos mode and the focus mode was in one shot.!!!!!! So while blasting a 3 to 5 frame burst it really wasn't focusing as the otter moved. And, now I know why it was so hard getting flight shots to focus!! But, the viewer utility is still a problem. So, anybody got any ideas?

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:56 PM   #3

Probably not going to be much help as far as the Utility Viewer/Zoom Browser goes,as the only thing I use it for is to check focus points at times. I am not sure why it would not recognize the CR2 files. Mine does along with jpg and never had the? marks in place of images. Doyou get the same result when using DPP?

VP

Sabine is offline   Reply With Quote