Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:06 PM   #11

Cool, so I still need to get that crud off of there. Is there a way that I could mess it up? Just using the blower and if it doesnt come off take it to Ritx camera?

Redop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:03 PM   #12

i had that problem wiht my XT... I had muck on the sensor... bad.... i even took it to ritz in the mall and they tried to blow it off with *theyre* air thing.. didnt help.... they suggested i leave it with them to fix-- BUT! it would take 2 weeks {i was only stopping thru}-- so that was NOT an option... now i had my camera almost a year and a half @ that point-- so i braved it, and cleaned it myself... i DO NO suggest this to anyone wiht out lots of money to spend-- as it would be way to easy to mess up the sensor-- a costly mistake--- BUT for me.. it did work...

luvmycanon
luvmycanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:49 AM   #13

If you take your time, it's really easy to blow clean the sensor, any more stubborn grime is a slightly different story as you will need to have one of the kits available.

The cost of having it cleanedprofessionally could be quite considerable, so try the easy method first. When changing lens don't forget to swith the camera OFF, and pointing it down can help.
boywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 11:16 AM   #14

how frequent do you guys clean your sensors?
fiveFPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:18 PM   #15

This would be a first for me.
Redop13 is offline   Reply With Quote