Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2007, 9:59 AM   #1

Hi,

I have just bought a 350D as my first digital SLR after using an old Canon 35mm for many years.

I have one query that I hope someone can help me with. The Compact Flash release button on mine has lot of "play" in it when a card is in place and the button stands proud.

In addition to being able to push it in to eject, it also swings downwards (when viewing the camera upright), there seems to be a spring in there but I wondered whether this is normal or should it be connected at the both ends or just the base of it as is the case with mine? Hope this makes sense and someone can let me know.

Many thanks

Ian...
iaperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:05 AM   #2

Hi iaperry,

Welcome to the forum.

I just checked my 350d/xt and when the cf card in installed there is just a touch of play in the release button. So I would say it is normal. When the card is not installed the button stays recessed.

Hope this helps

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:34 AM   #3

Thanks, good to be here.

Sounds like it might be fine then. It just seems quite flimsy. If you open the door and look at it so the door opening is pointing upwards (portrait orientation) the button can be pushed to the right as you look at it. I've tried to attach a photo of the level of movement in it by holding it across with a pencil to show the level of play.

There seems to be no connection at the top end. If its normal then no probs, but seems a little poorly made.

Thanks for your help.

Ian
Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:59 AM   #4

Thanks, good to be here.

Sounds like it might be fine then. It just seems quite flimsy. If you open the door and look at it so the door opening is pointing upwards (portrait orientation) the button can be pushed to the right as you look at it. I've tried to attach a photo of the level of movement in it by holding it across with a pencil to show the level of play.

There seems to be no connection at the top end. If its normal then no probs, but seems a little poorly made.

Thanks for your help.

Ian
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:05 PM   #5

Photo didn't work, hopefully this one has.
Attached Images

Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:39 PM   #6

Thanks for the picture.

Mine does not move quite that much. Although I do not think there is anything wrong with yours, if it would make you fell better I'd go back to the camera store and check out one or two others and see how they look. If they don't move as much, see if they will exchange it.

Mugmar

Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote