Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:22 AM   #21
Super Moderator

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Is it me or are some shouting???

Very Un-Steve's Digicams.
Curious how that seems to be your response whenever someone disagrees with you.

If you have a complaint then why not ask a moderator to step in? If you want to be king-of-the-castle perhaps you should start your own forums, that way you could simply ban anyone who thinks that you give bad advice. :idea:

Quote:
I believe I gave him solid photographic info related to his question.
You still believe that? After NHL pointed out that most of what you said originally was patent nonsense?

Did it ever occur to you that this forum might be a place where you might learn something?

Here's a tip, when it comes to flash NHL has a lot to teach. If you disagree with him think hard, because there's a very good chance that you are wrong.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:14 AM   #22

peripatetic wrote:
Quote:
nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Is it me or are some shouting???

Very Un-Steve's Digicams.
Curious how that seems to be your response whenever someone disagrees with you.

If you have a complaint then why not ask a moderator to step in? If you want to be king-of-the-castle perhaps you should start your own forums, that way you could simply ban anyone who thinks that you give bad advice. :idea:

Quote:
I believe I gave him solid photographic info related to his question.
You still believe that? After NHL pointed out that most of what you said originally was patent nonsense?

Did it ever occur to you that this forum might be a place where you might learn something?

Here's a tip, when it comes to flash NHL has a lot to teach. If you disagree with him think hard, because there's a very good chance that you are wrong.
Perpetetic,

You seem to be a good candidate for DPReview's forums.

Egos are not the subject matter here, photography is.

Your posts made for a very distasteful read.

Life is too shot to engage in such discourse.

Goodbye,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:13 PM   #23
Super Moderator

There's only one ego problem here. Yours. Although I'm sure you found my posts distasteful, that's because you think you know everything, and don't like people bursting your bubble. I bet other people find them quite amusing.

Most of what goes on here is about photography. Shall we let you say any old thing you like even if we disagree? Even when it's clear you don't know what you are talking about?

Seriously dude, re-read what you wrote, re-read what NHL wrote. Admit you got it wrong, learn something, move on. Ignorance doesn't have to be eternal.

Or you can leave in a huff. Whatever.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 6:26 PM   #24
djb

Well, i'll add my 2 cents worth too. I have to agree with NHL & perpatetic on this one. I'm on a crappy dark monitor at work and can see very well the differences from white to yellow. But, I seem to like the original better out of the 3 shown even though it's not correct. the 2nd image is, as NHL mentioned, too red and eddy's corrected one appears (on my screen) the whites are abit blown. But, other than color, it's a really nice shot!!!

dennis

p.s. I have done weddings using film and these sorts of problems along with the stress is why I will never do wedding pphotography again. some really enjoy it. I don't.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:08 PM   #25
NHL

Dennis

The bigger issue is most wedding pictures are not destined for the monitor...
Has anyone tried to print the combined picture of all three shots? :idea:
(where the color cast are clearly overwhelming...)

BTW the 2nd picture is not only too warm, but it's also underexposed (May be Nick's monitor is set too bright???)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:22 PM   #26
djb

NHL. I definitely agree that wedding pics are meant to be shown in print form and not on a monitor. But, from the looks of these and if one does a softview (CS3) for paper and ink type, I would bet that the softviewed print view would look quite awful. Depending on what editing software used, there are ways to change the temp, or color in any given spot without changing the correct parts of the shots. that's an option to try to correct the color differences. i'll have to look at it at home. I have a LCD monitor and it was calibrated a while ago but, doesn't seem to have changed much. I'd like to see the differences between that and this dinosaur of a monitor here at work.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote