Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 16, 2007, 6:36 AM   #1
KSS

Hello everyone,

I want to bring my Canon 20D and Rebel XTi with me when I travel on my motorcycle. I was wondering if it would harm the cameras in anyway traveling in a saddlebag, properly padded of course. My concern is if anyone can tell me if the normal vibration of a motorcycle will harm the cameras in any way or perhaps are there any other concerns carrying the cameras via this method. Thank youin advance for your help.

Kevin
KSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:47 AM   #2

I ski with my 20D on my backpack. I also jump and run often.

I strongly doubt that you will have any problems with riding it on your motorcycle. Susptension of motorcycle is often much softer then one on the car, but know many people driving their equipment in the trunk.
nidza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:38 PM   #3
KSS

Hi nidza,

Thank you for your reply. You make a very good point.
KSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 5:43 PM   #4

What are you willing to lose?

Having already takenone header off my motorcycle with my camera gear (it was in a photo backpack and took the full brunt of the initial impact), I'm simply not inclined to take my best equipment out on the bike (Canon 20D). So I have a "riding kit" that I take along that consists of a 35mm film body, an 18-28 zoom I bought used, and a 28-200 zoom. The entire kit, including asmall photo backpack that fits perfectly into a tailbag that I have,can be put together with new and excellent-rated used equipment for around $400-$500 ... and if it does get thrashed in another get-off, my best equipment is still safely at home. Icouldn't even get a used 20D body in good condition for that amount.

jZ
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote