Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 18, 2007, 3:01 AM   #1

Hi!
I own 1DmarkIII, if I want to turn on or turn off the camera, it should run cleaning sensor, does it make any sound or vibrating?
Because my previous 1DmarkIII make chirping sound 3 times along with animated picture of sensor cleaning when I turn on or off the camera..
Because there is problems with my previous 1DmarkIII, they send me replacement with new 1DmarkIII… but when I turn the camera on or off, there is no chirping sound like my previous markIII, it's only displaying animated picture of sensor cleaning..
That makes me confuse, which one should working properly? Should it or shouldn't it make any sound when I turn the camera on or off?
Is it because the firmware version? My previous markIII's version is 1.0.8, and my new markIII's version 1.1.1
How do I know for sure that the Auto Sensor Cleaning is working?

Please help….
Thanks for helping..
nsrsp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2007, 3:53 AM   #2

All I can say is I hear the 3 shutter clicks when my camera goes through the cycle - just like your previous camera did. In your shoes I would contact Canon Support. While it's possible they changed something about the sensor cleaning I doubt it.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply John

do you hear 3 shuter sound when you turn your camera on or off, or when you manually select the sensor cleaning menu n clean now?

when i manually select the sensor cleaning it also make the sound but not when i turn the camera on or off.document.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/nuts.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/nuts.gif[/img]
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:32 AM   #4

I disabled the auto cleaning (it's a menu option)- in my mind it was unnecessary. So I only clean the sensor on-demand. I'm currently a few thousand miles away from it so I can't enable the feature or I'd do so and let you know.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:43 AM   #5

Thanks John..
Looking forward to hear from you..
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:01 AM   #6

i don't know if the cleaning functions of the Mk III and 40D are identical, but my 40D makes no sound during the auto-clean process. if i select the manual operation, there's a sound like the shutter being actuated one time, but no beeps.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 2:21 AM   #7

Thanks for the sharing Squirl033.. :-)