Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:03 PM   #1

Default Blue monday 10D? 28-135 IS USM lense purple fringe?

Last week my work bought a Canon 10D as upgrade for 'my' old Canon Ixus. Joepiee! Instead of full focuss of making a show case they did right in investing in this great tool for me, I'm chasing flaws.

Ok the shop should/will hand me another one because it has a dead pixel on arrival, but they are out of stock at this moment.

Other things that bothers me and I like to hear an answer ;
-The lense with the camera is Canon 28-135mm f3.5-f5.6 IS USM
In tele mode there is quite some purple fringe in lower right corner, while it is slightly present in other corners. Shop says this should also be on conto of a ccd flaw. What is the normal color abriviation for this lense?

- Next a weird but no fatal thing is the serial number easily whipes of the bottom (without any effort and while treating the camera like it was a young kitten). Is this normal? Or is this a sign of the blue monday camera line by Canon?
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:13 PM   #2
NHL

Quote:
- Next a weird but no fatal thing is the serial number easily whipes of the bottom (without any effort and while treating the camera like it was a young kitten). Is this normal? Or is this a sign of the blue monday camera line by Canon?
My handwritten serial# is totally blanked too! Just make sure to keep the warranty card... Let see how Canon sort theses out :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2003, 9:38 AM   #3

Yeah, I have no clue why they would have done something like that. They could have taken the few extra cents to embed that baby in... :?
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote