Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:29 AM   #1

Default CANON EOS D60

For over a month, I have been trying to purchase a D60 with no success. I am on a number of lists with various dealers and have a deposit with 2 of them. There are 4 dealers that do have them in stock. However, they want $2499 ($300 higher than everyone else). Is there a dealer that has this camera in stock and will sell it for a reasonable price?

Some of these dealers have also indicated that this camera has been recalled and that they are correcting the problem. Supposely, that is why the camera is so hard to get. Has anyone heard of any problems with this camera?

Thanks,
[email protected]
hlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2002, 1:53 PM   #2

If there's a serious problem, I think someone would have found it by now

I personally have had no issues with my D60. I sat on a waiting list at Ritz (never again) for 2 months, when what I should have done was check local dealers.

The cameras are hard to get because of the demand, and anyone who gets an extra is selling it on ebay for a good profit.

As for the $2499 price at some of your locals, I don't agree with Price Gouging, but my time isn't free either. If $300 is worth your aggravation in waiting or is too demanding on your patience, then suck it up and get it at that price.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:13 PM   #3

I would think that "over a month" is pretty common for the D-60. I got mine in about 3 weeks, but I got lucky (and paid in full in advance - not something recommended unless you have a relationship witht he dealer).
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:20 PM   #4

Agree on Ritz. As I posted earlier, I cancelled and visited B&H, NYC. Liked their straightforwardness - no BS - and they were true to prediction (4-6 weeks). Camera arrived during the sixth week and at $2199.

I find the camera very, very good, and a joy to operate. Haven't yet had time to explore its versatility, but it's quite a camera, especially with EF lenses.
thancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:02 AM   #5

Default Ritz orders

Ordered 6/3/02. Shipped 7/23/02. Can't wait to finally "meet" the new camera.
Barbados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2002, 1:26 AM   #6

A local shop called me last week. $2199, I couldn't wait and paid a little more...they've been getting about 3 per week. Try the small camera stores first, you'll probably get your D60 sooner and for the $2199 price.

[Edited on 8-5-2002 by MarkM]
MarkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2002, 12:37 PM   #7

After waiting so long, I said "the hell with Canon" and I went back to Nikon! I just purchased a Nikon D100 and the pictures are unbelievable. I do not believe that I am accepting anything less since I feel that this camera is just as good as the Canon. Its a shame though, that I had to trade-in all 5 of my Canon lenses.
hlush is offline   Reply With Quote