Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 28, 2007, 4:22 PM   #11

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
All three are great shots, the third one is my favorite one. See the new gear is working out well for you.
So far I feel like I am making some progress with the learning curve on the new set up. Thanks for the nice comment and for looking.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 4:27 PM   #12

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
All three are great shots, the third one is my favorite one. See the new gear is working out well for you.
So far I feel like I am making some progress with the learning curve on the new set up. Thanks for the nice comment and for looking.

Wacky roger
Calling is not that hard to learn. A lot of calls send you a CD with the call and you can listen to it then try it and once you are sounding real close "GO FOR IT" One of the easiest that works real well on about every thing is a crow call. Crows IMHO from watching are a real pest in the wildlife world. A soft crow call 80% of the time will get most wildlife to look towards the call to see where the pest is. Doesn't scare them just gets their attention. It not only works on 4 legged animals but also on birds. Remember nothing is 100% when it comes to wildlife but if it can help you get that extra shot it is worth it IMHO.

Here is a link to what deer sounds like.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...ting/index.cfm

The Doe Grunt sound is what I use most of the time.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:13 PM   #13

Beautiful shots Roger

Its not the crows that are the pests. The other animals and especially birds know that they will make a fuss over hawks and predators. They are an excellent early warning system.
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote