Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 8, 2003, 9:21 PM   #1

Default Canon 10D out of stock

For the last month I been triying to buy a canon 10d without luck every place that I call gave me the same answer SORRY out of stock! Does any body know when Canon are going to send a new shipment on this cameras? Or where they have it in stock? any info ? :x
KP4WR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:03 AM   #2

Try http://www.montescamera.com/.

See ya...Jerry
JerryL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:11 PM   #3

Default Re: Canon 10D out of stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP4WR
For the last month I been triying to buy a canon 10d without luck every place that I call gave me the same answer SORRY out of stock! Does any body know when Canon are going to send a new shipment on this cameras? Or where they have it in stock? any info ? :x
KP4WR:

Send me a direct e-mail. I may be able to hook you up. I've got a buddy in the corporate sales office of a large camera store chain. I got my 10D in 4 days!!!

[email protected]
Alex Campuzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:57 PM   #4

Canon always underproduces their cameras. Same thing with the A-Series... I'm sure it'll be the same thing with the 300D....

Just wait.... eventually you'll find one.
KenKosowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2003, 3:10 PM   #5

Same thing I noticed. Due to a dead pixel, 'my' brand new 10D should be swapped for another one asap, but not only is the shop out of stock, Canon Netherlands is out of stock aswell.

I assume that Canon is 95% focussed on building a heap of Rebels, at cost of 10D production...I hope I don't have to wait a full month. Sofar I really like 10D color quality, smooth contrast and low noise, but maybe there is an alternative choice?
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 11:29 AM   #6

Default Help With Out of Stock Canons

Hope it's allright to post this here, so here goes....

OK, I checked with my buddy and he gave me the green light to post his contact info here in case anybody wants to give him a try at getting a 10D (or whatever) fast.

Seth Blanken
(301) 479-3373
[email protected] (server down right now)

Ritz has great buying power and excellent return/service policies.

Make sure to mention Alex (Big Al) from this site and he'll work his magic. Am I whore-ing my buddy? You betcha. As long as he comes through, he's happy and more people get great cameras!
Alex Campuzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 5:43 PM   #7

There always seems to be a bunch of them for sale on e-bay. The selling price seems to be around $1,400 give or take a hundred bucks, depending on terms and extras.

If I was in the camera business, I wouldn't want to have a large inventory of these when the D-300 hits the street. It'll likely cannibalize 10D sales to a certain extent.
steveinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:46 PM   #8

True a lot of people will decide on 300D instead waiting to save up for another d-slr or buying now a prosumer camera with attached lens.

And eventhough both cameras deliver great images, 10D is a delibrate choice, for more options, slightly better performance, and more sturdy camera build. Those who want to buy a 10D now, probably also favor this model next month/years.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 9:53 PM   #9

Just a quick note Canon Netherlands is refilling Dutch shops. I got my camera replaced today, and although buying a camera with deadpixel and the hassle of going back to the shop is a hassle, I'm pleased with the service at the shop.