Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 19, 2008, 7:46 PM   #1

I just received a $250 Best Buy gift card from someone I do computer work for. So I used that and put the difference to pick up a new Canon Rebel XT. So I have been lurking the forums and have seen many people talking about the SLR's shutter actuations "Think thats it". I have had several point and shoot's and have had no problems with them breaking down after extended use and wondering how that compares to slr's. Do p&s camera's have this as well and I have just been really lucky ? Just wondering cause I passed up the Canon Powershot G9 to get the Rebel XT and a 4gb memory card that was free with purchase. I have already been snapping away and just wondering If I shouldn't just shoot some photo's only when I really need to.

Thanks in advance
Ryan
mr56k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:25 PM   #2

I think your average photographer never reaches the limit at which the shutters fail. I would say I take more than average, and I have never had a shutter fail on me, nor do I know anyone whose has. Unless you take hundreds or thousands of pictures every month, you're more likely to run into other issues (like the camera getting too outdated) before your shutter fails.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:00 PM   #3

Thanks for quick response. I'm glad to hear I should be good for awhile .

Also If a mod can delete my double post would be great. I had a problem in my web browser. Sorry.
mr56k is offline   Reply With Quote