Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:28 PM   #11

"I took the liberty of Photoshopping your image. It's quite anice shot really. This is how I like it..."

Quite agree, you recaptured what that day really looked liked.That was what I was trying for originally, but just became carried away with noise removal and sharpening tools.Though the picture looked better on (first posted picture) the monitor at home than it does here at work. Here I can really see all the problems caused by the noise removal and sharpening, maybe I need to look into a bettermonitor.

Thanks for the photoshopping you did to the image.

Craig
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:28 PM   #12

I used noise reduction,the unsharp mask a little, added some color and reduced the highlights in the mountains with the shadow and highlight feature. I think that was all. Subtelty is probably the key component. The less you mess with the picture, the better it seems to look in the end. But yes, if your monitor is not set right at home, all your pictures will be off.

Here's an interesting page for you to look at on your home computer to see how the monitor holds up:

http://www.scarse.org/adjust/

Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 2:56 AM   #13

Michi,

Thanks for that link, as I have never adjusted my monitor at home before that link will be very useful. I know, never adjusted your monitor, bad me. Should have time to adjust the monitor this weekend, as I just found out my son came home from school sick. So no going out to shoot pictures this weekend, maybe I'll find something in the house to shoot.

Thanks again,

Craig
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:06 AM   #14

You will get the hang of the new camera, it took me a while to figure out my 30d. All I had was my Sony point and shoots. Joined a camera club and in a couple of weeks of meeting up with some really good photographers I finally can take some okay photos. Now I just cant wait for it to warm up. Its -6 with out the wind.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote