Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:09 PM   #1
Super Moderator

It's just gone midnight here which means today (all things being equal) that my 1D mkIII will arrive with the courier....... yes I'm pretty excited and looking forward to playing with a 1 series for more than 10 mins in a shop.

Any mkIII owners with any advice to throw in my direction on initial settings/changes to make then please let me know.

I will be posting with first impressions when I get a chance.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:48 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Congratulations!
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:48 AM   #3
Super Moderator

It's here.... WOW.... the first thing I noticed over the 5D (and more so the 30D was the amazing viewfinder!!! I'm waiting for the battery to charge now so having to use it with the AC adaptor so just playing around in the house. Oh.... ISO 3200 ROCKS!!! Even 6400 impressed me, I know the reviews said it was good, but man, this is amazing.

OK, that's the excited part of me coming out, but now looking forward to shooting something real. I will try and get and shoot some wildlife at the river this afternoon if I get a moment free.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:17 AM   #4

yes..its a wonderful camera. If u liked the 30D or 5d u will love the mark III. Try the mark III in dark situations and u will know why they AF is fast. Not that it will focus fast in day light. But it will kick bottom during dark situations inside a hotel etc...beautiful camera...

and sooner u will realise u may not miss the 5D
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:21 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Fortunately I don't have to miss the 5D as that's still going to be number 1 for weddings and studio work (I think ) but my method of shooting a wedding is with 2 cameras using different lens options and then the 30D will be there in case one of these goes down. I'm all about having a backup as someone is paying money to get the results (well and any excuse for a new toy LOL).

I can't wait to get it into the real world!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:11 AM   #6
TG

Congratulations on your new purchase Mark and nice to see you back,you sure took your time getting yourself a 1 series camera:-)
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:12 AM   #7
Super Moderator

LOL, tell me about it, just need something to shoot now. I will be posting as soon as I do.