Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:39 PM   #1
RJR

List of items they are selling in a obvious scam

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQcatrefZC...ssZvanessas727

RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:21 PM   #2
Administrator

Awwww... you mean you're not going to order camera bodies like the Canon EOS-5D or EOS-1D Mark II for $1100 or $1200, just because this vendor has only sold low cost items in the past, and suddenly listed a lot of expensive camera gear at very low "buy it now" prices?

Does that also mean you are not going to order a 300mm f/2.8L and/or 400mm f/2.8L for $1100 each to go with these bodies? :-)

I wonder how many people will actually believe that you can buy this kind of gear at prices that low.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:37 PM   #3
RJR

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Awwww... you mean you're not going to order camera bodies like the Canon EOS-5D or EOS-1D Mark II for $1100 or $1200, just because this vendor has only sold low cost items in the past, and suddenly listed a lot of expensive camera gear at very low "buy it now" prices?

Does that also mean you are not going to order a 300mm f/2.8L and/or 400mm f/2.8L for $1100 each to go with these bodies? :-)

I wonder how many people will actually believe that you can buy this kind of gear at prices that low.
If you click on the left side on completedlistings and then hit the show items buttonyou will see that some people have already been taken and you cannot even warn them because the seller has kept the buyers ID private. I notified EBay a couple hours ago and they still have not done anything to stop it.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:55 PM   #4
Administrator

I just reported it, too.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:36 PM   #5

Wow - Jim...I was just checking out those listings, and POOF - they're gone!

You have the power...cool...

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:14 AM   #6

Great now where am I going to get a deal like that on a lens LOL. Thanks for watching out for the rest of us.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:41 PM   #7
RJR

He is back again and stolen someone elses ID. All the equipmnet way under priced and selling the same items multiple times from a seller that only sold womens shoes in the past. About 30 items all of them a scam. I cannot believe that Ebay still doesn't catch these people after all the times they try it.

I have reported it, hope others do the same.

Ebay auction Item number: 320233044819

Link to items:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZserenaokokok

Update: Ebay already removed all the fraud listings within 15 minutes of my reporting them. They usually take hours so must be taking a new stance on getting the fraud removed quicker.