Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:24 PM   #1

Hi guys,

I love my new camera!!!

I'm concerned that my camera isn't calibrated correctly, can I post some pictures later and your guys' trained eyes can see if the focus is working correctly?
jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:08 PM   #2

Congrats on the 40D, it's one good camera and I'm sure you'll have fun shooting pictures with the 40D. Post pictures and we will look and comment.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:38 PM   #3

jang wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

I love my new camera!!!

I'm concerned that my camera isn't calibrated correctly, can I post some pictures later and your guys' trained eyes can see if the focus is working correctly?
Congratulations on your new camera.
IMHO most of the "calibration" problems are usually the user's fault and not the camera's :-), but picture is worth a 1000 words - post a few samples with EXIF data, it will be easier to find out what causes your focus problems.
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 3:52 PM   #4
Administrator

Ijang wrote:
Quote:
That would be a good idea. I'll repeat the exact same advise I gave you before you bought this new camera:

Quote:
This article by Petteri Sulonen makes a real good read for a new dSLR owner:

Don't Be A Bozo

Here some excerpts from it. Choice (c) is where you're headed in this case ;-)

Quote:
... pictures are dull, or orange, or blue, or soft, or...
[snip]
...so you fire off an embittered message on 300D Talk, march back to the store, and either (a) return the camera, get your money back, and resolve never to listen to people who think DSLR's are worth a darn, or (b) exchange the camera for another unit, since yours must obviously be defective, or (c) exchange the camera and/or lens for the next better and more expensive model. If (b) or (c), you're almost certainly going to return to square one, and you'll be back at the store the next day, or the day after that, and as likely as not end up choosing (a).
I'd post some samples and let us help you to figure out what's causing the results you're getting (and then we can help you to understand what you can change for better results) before rushing out to spend money on a different camera body.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=87

Chances are, there is nothing wrong with your newest camera body. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote