Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 3, 2003, 7:35 AM   #1

Default Well, I did it.

ordered the 10D, lexar 1gig 45X, & just received a used 35 - 350L------ "anybody spare a dime?"

Gonna try the 35 - 350 as a one lens solution to dust control.
Thinking of a 24 - 70 for close quarters & a sig 14 for wide.

Guess there's no turnin back now!
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2003, 8:51 AM   #2

Congratulations !!!

I've had my 10D a couple of months now..... LOVE IT !!!

Good Luck and HAPPY Image Taking
lauricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:58 AM   #3

Thanks lauricel
Haven't had an SLR since my old FTB & AE-1 days. One thing I'll have to get used to--- the weight. The lens alone weighs 4X more than the 2100. Always wanted to get "buff"
J :lol:
Old Oct 3, 2003, 12:35 PM   #4

Good luck, you're going to love that camera! I'm very curious what you think of the 35-350 lens. That sounds like a beast!

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 5:43 PM   #5

Congrats on your new camera. I am sure that you will like it. Have not found any dislikes about the 10D. The only things I have had problems with is lenses. And thats totally separate from the camera. I give the 10D a 5 out of 5.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 7:07 PM   #6

barthold We'll see, I want to check balance & sharpness

UniSonBBS If I don't like the handling I may go for the 70 - 200 f4 or your 70 - 200EX. Got the lens from B&H so I believe I have 14 days. With the Canon rebates it may be the f4 & an 85 f1.8--- then wait for the longer lens.......... stay tuned!!!!! ops:
Old Oct 4, 2003, 10:28 AM   #7

As you start to get more lenses, look into a good real dedicated photo bag. I like LowePro stuff, but they are expensive. They make bags which are easy to wear... seriously you don't feel the weight.

I also wanted to warn you on the "photography as exercise program". I am sitting here next to crutches with my knee taped. If I don’t tape the kneecap in place it swells and then hurts. So be careful with carrying that extra weight. In my case, its prolonged damage from soccer and the 30 extra pounds of camera gear was the “final straw” but please be careful. Its been 5 weeks now, and this really sucks.

Oh, and I love my 10D as well. My complains are all things that can be solved with money. Better AF system, for example. If I really want that, I could get a 1D or 1Ds.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2003, 2:39 PM   #8

Sheez Eric, hope your knee will get better! Yes, get a 1Ds body so you can do that wide-angle stuff too. The good news about getting a 1Ds body is that you all of a sudden didn't spend that much money on lenses anymore, relatively speaking :-)

I have a LowePro AW Rover II backpack. I like it a lot. Its the one with the compartment on top for your usual hiking stuff, jacket and the like. The camera gear sits in the bottom. The straps are well made, and rival any good standard backpack.

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2003, 8:56 PM   #9

eric s, that is one of the reasons I want to try the 35 - 350! It doesn't mean that I won't get some fast lenses or even the 400mm 5.6 (if sharpness is an issue) but I ain't gonna carry it all at once! Bad knee, bad back, bad attitude!!!!! I'll try to pick what is right for that venue & pack light.--- We'll see. :shock:
Old Oct 5, 2003, 9:20 PM   #10

35 - 350L :shock: whoa. Got a spare that you dont want...
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote