Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:28 PM   #11

dpreview had a very high regard with the 1000D. I have to add that it's probably better for people using it as a point and shoot due to the oversaturation and excessive sharpening straight out of the box.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:36 PM   #12

I rented the XSi in April for 10 days - it did a pretty good job, but in my opinion, nowhere Near the camera that my 30D is! In fact, I hope soon to add a 40D to my gear. I prefer the wheel on the back of the 30D/40D. You can see some of my XSi images here:

http://www.pbase.com/hutman/canon_xsi_road_tested
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:02 AM   #13

Well I've just completely changed my mind when holding and looking at both the xsi and the 40D. Now the kit lens with the 40 D is a 28-135 is and sale priced at 2 local stores and both have good accident coverage. I decided to buy the 40D as I want a camera to last longer and be tough enough to survive me and where I go. I do all kinds of different photography, wildlife as well as pet.

Waiting for my next paycheck and having probelms breathing and not drooling.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:37 AM   #14
Super Moderator

You should probably see a doctor about that. Not all photographers have it and it might be treatable. :blah:
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:06 AM   #15

I see I gave out a bad link - it was late last night when I posted. Correct link:

http://www.pbase.com/hurtman/canon_xsi_road_tested

By the way, all of my equipment listed below is VERY outdated - wrote to Steve a while back & he said it cannot be changed????? :X

That's the one thing I like about dpreview - you can edit your equipment profile.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:12 AM   #16
Administrator

Railfire

I just fixed it for you (the old profile information has been removed).

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:59 AM   #17

Thanks at Lot, Jim. Can I still list my camera profile, should I choose to do so?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:54 AM   #18
Administrator

Sorry, but no. Steve doesn't want signatures enabled for a variety of reasons. For example, it impacts searches since users place equipment in their signatures, making all of their posts a match when someone is searching for posts on specific gear.

The only reason your old profile was there was because of an apparent problem during the conversion from phpBB to wowBB some time back. Your signature information wasn't supposed to be there. So, I resaved your profile information without the old signature info. I've seen that happen one time before.

Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:12 AM   #19

Thanks again, Jim. And by the way, I am Not knocking the XSi, & when you really think about it, 10 days is NOT enough time to really evaluate a camera body or a lens. If I could use one for about 2 months (NOT during the hot & humid summer months in the South) I could better evaluate anything - with the exception of the Canon 24mm 1.4L lens that I rented in 2007 during the end of October & the first part of November. This lens is Spectacular! You will also find my test images of it on my pbase site as well.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:29 PM   #20
Administrator

Railfire wrote:
Quote:
I see I gave out a bad link - it was late last night when I posted. Correct link:

http://www.pbase.com/hurtman/canon_xsi_road_tested
That's still a bad link. Here's the correct link to that gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/hurtman/canon_xsi__road_tested

Note that you've got more than one underscore (_) character between xsi and road in the address (you probably pressed _ twice by accident when creating the album). After you go to that album, just copy and paste the link to it from your browser's address bar and you'll get the right url with the extra _ character in it.