Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 8, 2003, 2:53 PM   #11

Whao! I would like to get the Digital Rebel at Best Buy as well. Can anyone tell me how to get a copy of the coupon?
supperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:40 PM   #12
NHL

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how to get a copy of the coupon?
They came in the mail along with several coupons promoting HP products...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:15 AM   #13

$919 for the rebel digital with lens incl fedex shipping at onecall.com today...

Shop OneCall For Pre-Holiday Savings! PASS members can take advantage of our exclusive offers -- including instant coupons and several incredible rebate offers. PASS members always save 1% and can choose between bonus 4% cash back or 12 months no payments, no interest on purchases of $399 or more Oct. 10 to 14 on a OneCall card.** Apply Now!

Not a PASS member yet? It's absolutely FREE! Just visit www.onecall.com/pass, it takes just a couple minutes to join.

http://www.onecall.com/PID_20967.htm?PMNID=605
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:52 AM   #14

Of course you always get better services with you local camera shop( that why the price incl all of the overhead expenses). Buying camera online or via order will save you money in most cases(not exactly save a whole lot in the case of 10D and Rebel digital other than the sale tax that you don't have to pay for mail order). But you have to know the product that you intend to buy. You must also need to buy from a reliable dealer, an authorized USA dealer who has a good return policy, most of them will allow you 14 days to return the electronic goods for other for any reasons and 30 days for other products. I have purchased electronic equipment for number of years via mail order and have no problem at all. Sometimes I do consider to purchased grey market products to save the extra bucks, but I only do this with Bhphoto.com, all grey products sold by them is warrranted by them( not by the mfg, but they do send the product back to the mfg to repair). They provide great services on the warranty, in most cases, if you sent them the items that need service, you with get it back within 3 weeks (time to get the item to them, from them to the mfg and back). I never trust to buy grey market products with any other dealers in NY ( most of them are jokes anyway). Onecall is also a very good online dealer, reliable and their shipping is great.

Knowing your products before placing the order is the key, be-sure to check the seller rating for for you decide to do business with that dealer, ask question about their return policy, their shipping cost and besure to get the order number in case you need to track them later. Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 7:58 PM   #15

i too missed out on the 10% off at BestBuy and CompUSA. I was going to hold out for a simular deal. So i was thrilled when i found thisone i just got the 300d at circuit city for $999 and a MIR for $100 giftcard. If you are looking for a 10d you can get that one with a $100 giftcard too. I would have rather had the $ off the price, but it is a heck of a lot better then nothing.
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2003, 8:44 PM   #16

I would strongly suggest buying your camera from a brick and mortar place. I just bought an expensive lense on the internet (great price). When it came, The box was crushed, the packing was minimal almost non-existant and my lense is making a clunking noise with something loose inside banging around. Is there any doubt this lense took a lot of abuse along the way?

Stores will have several cameras. Examine the box carefully. I assure you that camera is much less likely to have been tossed about along the way to Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. and probably is kept behind lock and key at the store. Trust me, this is not where you want to skimp.

You are going to save loads of money on not buying film or development with this camera. You will make up the difference real quickly. In the meantime I will try to get my return authorization to get the lense returned (oh joy!)
SheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:17 PM   #17

Default IBuyDigital.com

I just placed an order for a Digital Rebel at IBuyDigital.com. Bizrate comments about these guys are pretty positive. $936.90 (delivered) for the kit w/ the lens. Quite an upgrade from my Oly D-400 and long overdue.

I'll post again when I get the goods. Been toying w/ getting a Rebel Ti w/ a great lens to replace my old Pentax T30.

I was a di-hard Oly digicam fan till the Digital Rebel arrived. I think Canon has gotten the jump on everyone and this camera will be with me for many years to come.

Christmas is coming early for me this year. :lol:
echaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:27 AM   #18

I bought mine from Ritz camera.com for $999 for the kit.
I paid no shipping and no taxes. The advantage of this is that if the camera had any problems they told me that I could take it to any ritz camera store and they could take care of it from there. It seemed like the best of both worlds. Great customer support. Lots of units in stock and since the wherehouse was in Los Angeles I got it in 2 days for the same free shipping.
Todd Roisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 1:35 PM   #19

IBuyDigital called to confirm my order and do the obligatory "sell up" . Not high pressure at all. I got a UV filter for 12 bucks and a 256MB card for $70. Saved me a trip to BestBuy. Upgraded my shipping to 3-day air for free.

Might even have it Friday to take pictures of the kids for "Trick or Treat"

Seems like an A1 outfit to me.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:02 PM   #20

Just got the Fedex tracking info. looks like it will be here by 4:30 Friday. Wahoo!!!!! If the battery charges fast enough I'll be shootling little goblins!

Picked up the bag/filter/battery package at BestBuy. I little more expensive than described here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=15797

But I attribute that to the fact that I live in the people's republic of Kalifornia and BB thinks we're all made of money......Not!!!